Dyeing hair at home q

Wokath

mmm don't know if this is the right place.  Maybe try Reddit next if this does not work

I have black virgin hair.  I'm trying to get a cotton candy/light pink/pastel pink hair.  Chances are after bleaching my hair it's going to go orange.  What I'm not sure is do I need to bleach more to go lighter or tone it before adding dye, or can I just go from orange bleached hair right to pink.

• Administrators

Assuming you don't mind a peachy pink you can just dye it from the orange. Either that or bleach, condition for a week, bleach again to white, then pink. Idk about toning, I don't think it'd make that much difference.

3 hours ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

Assuming you don't mind a peachy pink you can just dye it from the orange. Either that or bleach, condition for a week, bleach again to white, then pink. Idk about toning, I don't think it'd make that much difference.

hmm don't really feel like walking around with orange hair for a week.  May just go with peachy pink or a darker shade of pink.

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, Wokath said:

hmm don't really feel like walking around with orange hair for a week.  May just go with peachy pink or a darker shade of pink.

I dyed my hair pink from orange (I have black hair too) and it went pretty pink

Archived