a proposition

toadwon

what if, in theory, we convinced everybody to just throw away their ref and overflow the craft hats and drastically reduced the amount of ref in circulation? 

The core problem is that there's just too much metal out there, both in existence and being made, for a group of people to do something like that anymore. Even if you got rid of a million refined, it'd be a drop in the bucket.

The only way to stop refined's devaluation is on Valve's end. They have the capability to make a decent sink that would make an impact (Good past examples being things like Chemistry sets, Bread Boxes, and Strange Transfer Tools), but unfortunately, have little incentive or need to do so.

24 minutes ago, Scott Bakula said:

The core problem is that there's just too much metal out there, both in existence and being made, for a group of people to do something like that anymore. Even if you got rid of a million refined, it'd be a drop in the bucket.

The only way to stop refined's devaluation is on Valve's end. They have the capability to make a decent sink that would make an impact (Good past examples being things like Chemistry sets, Bread Boxes, and Strange Transfer Tools), but unfortunately, have little incentive or need to do so.

I can agree on that, if they had more reasons to craft ref and use them, the game would boom

3 hours ago, toadwon said:

what if, in theory, we convinced everybody to just throw away their ref and overflow the craft hats and drastically reduced the amount of ref in circulation? 

Well, of course, in theory, then, as demand stays stable but supply drastically goes down, the worth of ref goes up. With craft hats, there's enough variety for them to not go down I believe, and keys would then go down in their ref worth.

Refined metal will then keep spawning in inventories, the supply would once again go up with demand stable and ref would once again start going down. 

It's basically only turning ref back in time, sort of.

I N  T H E O R Y 

Archived