SFM Posters and Profiles!

Hudson/MysteriousHoodedMan

Laddies and Gentlemenn. I have recently taken back up my hobby of making SFM stills. Every one I make, I seem to learn a little more. Fixes to materials, lighting placements, and other timely calculations.

That being said, I still end up getting each one done and feeling satisfied with the end result.

The way I do things is simple. Commission a piece, name the class, cosmetics (paint, unus effect etc.), weapons (ks effects, sheen, Aussie, botkiller, festive, skinned, etc.), and team red/blu. After the piece has been made, name your price. The piece is only worth as much as you feel it is worth to you.

To answer the question that I feel will be evident as the "can I get one for free" question, just know that the average time paid on these is anywhere from 1.5 - 4 hours. I won't force you to pay, but to put it quite bluntly, it's courteous to do so, and appreciated in whole.

Some Previous Commissions:
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] [IMG] [IMG] 

If you are interested in commissioning one, let me know. I also run a discord with all my previous patrons in it for those who would like to join in and chat with the group!

Added. Also, I'll leave my details here. I'll talk to you about price as well. 

Class: Scout

Team: Red Team

Cosmetics: A Scorching Flames Sweet Frickin' Ninja Hood, painted An Extraordinary Abundance of Tinge, a Southie Shinobi painted An Extraordinary Abundance of Tinge, and a pair of Team Spirit Flip Flops. 

Weapons: An Australium Festive Scattergun, and a festive bat leaning on the tree.

Pose: I'd like to have the Scout sitting Seiza-style underneath a tree,  a slight smirk on his face

Map: Koth_Suijin, Preferably somewhere where you can see Cherry Blossoms, similar to your engineer poster above. 

Your posters look pretty good, one thing id say to work on is light positioning and camera effects like aperture. I'm not an expert in Source Film Maker but that's my suggestion. And i also wanted to ask what helps you when you pose a model manually? I haven't really learned how to pose manually without it looking un-natural or forced.

1 hour ago, Hudson/MysteriousHoodedMan said:

To get in contact with me directly, shoot me a Direct Message on Discord!: Hudson#2191

Added on Discord then.

14 minutes ago, Hellbended said:

Your posters look pretty good, one thing id say to work on is light positioning and camera effects like aperture. I'm not an expert in Source Film Maker but that's my suggestion. And i also wanted to ask what helps you when you pose a model manually? I haven't really learned how to pose manually without it looking un-natural or forced.

I've only just recently started posing manually (I know blasphemy) But I can say for certain something that helps is making that pose in real life and seeing if it looks similar, reference images can also be helpful. Hope this helps!

43 minutes ago, Hudson/MysteriousHoodedMan said:

I've only just recently started posing manually (I know blasphemy) But I can say for certain something that helps is making that pose in real life and seeing if it looks similar, reference images can also be helpful. Hope this helps!

Hm, I will try to do that next time. Thanks for your wisdom on this topic. Good Luck with your poster making!

Nice posters mate, I suggest you to work a bit on lightning technics to make your work even better. Check DrtyEyeBall's tutorials to help you. I'm also willing to help you if you want, just contact me on steam.

1 hour ago, Dat NuB [SFM] said:

Nice posters mate, I suggest you to work a bit on lightning technics to make your work even better. Check DrtyEyeBall's tutorials to help you. I'm also willing to help you if you want, just contact me on steam.

There's a fine line I ride when doing my lighting that I don't want to end up overdoing it and making it look like an overexposed nightmare like most of my older stuff and (lets be honest) most of us that are new or have a not yet matured eye. I end up making them on the darker side for fear that it will end up like the stuff I made earlier, which, is just plain unpalatable. I'm working more on building my knowledge of post-process enhancement, because lighting is easy enough when you have your fills, rims, and volumetrics placed down, but it is really easy to ruin a poster post-process.

I believe some of my older work could have been better if I was a bit more mature in the post-process end of things.

But thanks for the feedback! Will do!

2 hours ago, Dat NuB [SFM] said:

Also I just checked out DrtyEyeBall's channel and found it vaguely familiar. That's when I realized that I used to watch him to get tutorials on how to do my posters back in the day.

Personally, I find his work to be a good starting point to reference from, but at this point the way I feel I should approach the lighting situation is just to experiment on my own and see which options suit the scene best from that point in time. I wasn't able to pick up much from his video that I wasn't already aware of, so I might just need to keep working on it. Or perhaps the work isn't particularly your style either! Perspective is a confusing mistress.

On 2/20/2018 at 6:26 PM, Sir L said:

Added. Also, I'll leave my details here. I'll talk to you about price as well. 

Class: Scout

Team: Red Team

Cosmetics: A Scorching Flames Sweet Frickin' Ninja Hood, painted An Extraordinary Abundance of Tinge, a Southie Shinobi painted An Extraordinary Abundance of Tinge, and a pair of Team Spirit Flip Flops. 

Weapons: An Australium Festive Scattergun, and a festive bat leaning on the tree.

Pose: I'd like to have the Scout sitting Seiza-style underneath a tree,  a slight smirk on his face

Map: Koth_Suijin, Preferably somewhere where you can see Cherry Blossoms, similar to your engineer poster above. 

sir_l_s_commission_by_epicstarman-dc3zaf

Finished!

Added ya on steam, here's the details I suppose.

Pyro

Red Team

Cloud 9 Modest Pile of Hat, D-eye-monds painted Pink as Hell, Cute Suit.

Have him doing the Balloonibouncer taunt (that's what it's called right :/)

As for maps, I don't care too much... Guess somewhere on badwater? Idk.

On 3/1/2018 at 10:25 AM, UndeadSkii said:

Added ya on steam, here's the details I suppose.

Pyro

Red Team

Cloud 9 Modest Pile of Hat, D-eye-monds painted Pink as Hell, Cute Suit.

Have him doing the Balloonibouncer taunt (that's what it's called right :/)

As for maps, I don't care too much... Guess somewhere on badwater? Idk.

undeadskii_s_commission_by_epicstarman-d

Finished! 

1 minute ago, UndeadSkii said:

Thanks so much man, That's awesome!

Sent you a download link through Steam.

Archived