Has anyone here had a hat brokered?

JNeb900ThePeril

I saw a couple people advertising that they were brokering on Vatican. I was thinking it wouldn't be worth it, I can't imagine how they'd be able to s ell it faster than anyone else, and they probably charge a fee which cuts into your profit.

Thoughts?

I had my hat brokered before, and it turned out well for me in the short run.*

The reason you broker is if you do not have the time to sit on trade servers to advertise effectively.

The time it takes does not change, only how much.

For example, i had a Sunbeams Pillar brokered, with some other sweets. I got up to a SFB Dapper with it, and only had to pay 14 keys, while still making a profit after the cut of about 10 keys.

That being said, my broker then either got hijacked or went rogue, as his account was emptied and started trading with scammers(including one who scammed me).

It's a big risk you take. But on the occasion you find Someone who can do this honestly, it works out well if you can strike a good deal with them.

Short term, a cut of the trade deal works well. Long term brokering is better to make a deal where the final difference in price.

Short term = cut of the one trade

Long term = cut of overall profit (eg. If my broker got my items from 100 keys to 150 keys, the cut would apply to the 50 keys profit.)

1 hour ago, JNeb900ThePeril said:

I saw a couple people advertising that they were brokering on Vatican. I was thinking it wouldn't be worth it, I can't imagine how they'd be able to s ell it faster than anyone else, and they probably charge a fee which cuts into your profit.

Thoughts?

Ive brokered for people and had people broker for me. It is usually for someone who is more experienced and can negotiate better. Ive had people give me something to broker they couldnt sell in 2 weeks and ive sold it in 30 minutes

i've brokered several items and unusuals in my past.i do it for free if your item is worth 49 keys or lesser.if more,i'll charge about 2% or so..its negotiable

I brokered a couple items for close friends who couldn't be arsed to deal with scammers adding them and I had a couple of items brokered, although once the broker went rogue, was lucky enough to get it back tho, after I talked some sense into him.

Archived