Rounding should be a rule

Alice?

I’ve recently learnt that one is not allowed to create a suggestion with a price of, say, 1.11 keys and that it has to be rounded to 1.1 keys.

The rules say nothing about this. I think it would be helpful for users who’re inexperienced at creating price suggestions if the thread were updated to reflect this rule.

Also, this thread mentions “buds” many times. It should be updated to refer to keys rather than Earbuds.

• Administrators

Rounding isn't really a strict rule that applies in all circumstances, you just need to use some common sense.  1.11 keys is needlessly specific and there's no need for that when prices are estimates anyway.

Can I ask you again to please just join the discord and ask questions there? You've made 9 threads on the first page of this section for quick questions which could be easily answered if you just did it there.

3 hours ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

Rounding isn't really a strict rule that applies in all circumstances, you just need to use some common sense.  1.11 keys is needlessly specific and there's no need for that when prices are estimates anyway.

Can I ask you again to please just join the discord and ask questions there? You've made 9 threads on the first page of this section for quick questions which could be easily answered if you just did it there.

I don’t have a Discord account.

• Administrators
Just now, Alice? said:

I don’t have a Discord account.

It takes like 5 minutes to make one.

8 hours ago, Alice? said:

Also, this thread mentions “buds” many times. It should be updated to refer to keys rather than Earbuds.

Wrong, I've updated the first post multiple times and removed all mentions of buds there months ago. I'm not going through every single reply in the post from 3 years ago and change things around there.

8 minutes ago, Woifilicious said:

Wrong, I've updated the first post multiple times and removed all mentions of buds there months ago. I'm not going through every single reply in the post from 3 years ago and change things around there.

All right. I just thought it’d be easier to understand this if it used keys as the currency, but I understand that it would be tedious.

15 minutes ago, Alice? said:

All right. I just thought it’d be easier to understand this if it used keys as the currency, but I understand that it would be tedious.

Why would I update statistics from 2014. That would be tempering with data. In the first line it even says rule of thumb change buds to 10 keys if you wanna understand it better.

1 minute ago, Woifilicious said:

Why would I update statistics from 2014. That would be tempering with data.

I don’t get what you mean. Hasn’t the thread been modified many times by other moderators?

1 minute ago, Woifilicious said:

Why would I update statistics from 2014. That would be tempering with data. In the first line it even says rule of thumb change buds to 10 keys if you wanna understand it better.

Yeah. I didn’t see that until now.

1 minute ago, Alice? said:

I don’t get what you mean. Hasn’t the thread been modified many times by other moderators?

Yeah. I didn’t see that until now.

The first post is modified and kept up to date. That is the guide. The other posts in the thread are just bonus information and backstory to some of the rules and are not updated. 

11 hours ago, Woifilicious said:

The first post is modified and kept up to date. That is the guide. The other posts in the thread are just bonus information and backstory to some of the rules and are not updated. 

All right. Thanks.

• Alice? locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived