Will the price of the keys in Marketplace.tf go up again?

unanormal

Hi all mates.

I've been on Marketplace.tf for about a year and I'd like to know if the price of the keys will rise again. I do not know much about Markeplace.tf that's why I ask.

Last year (10 months or more ago) I remember that they sold for $2.08 - $2.16, but now they do not go up from $1.90.

At what price do you recommend that I sell my keys?
Do you think they will go back up in price? When will they go up in price?

Thanks in advance for your time and effort.

Marketplace is controlling the price since they have the biggest share of the key market. If they rose their price to $2.05, then that will be the new selling point within a week.

1 hour ago, ksolis01 said:

Marketplace is controlling the price since they have the biggest share of the key market. If they rose their price to $2.05, then that will be the new selling point within a week.

Marketplace.tf prices are determined by the sellers, not the website. The prices will stay low as sellers trying to cash out need to be competitive in order to sell their items at all. When some people have hundreds of keys listed at 1.9, the only hope for other people trying to cash out is to list them for lower. The only way marketplace could control the prices would be to list their own keys for lower. This wouldn't affect the other sellers because the lower the price, the sooner buyers will buy it. Even if they tried, they would only be losing their keys for less than the usual price. Prices aren't going to go up, either. Due to the rise of several other skin economy based games (CSGO, PUBG, H1Z1, etc.) Lots of people are cashing out to buy and invest in those games. Demand for Tf2 keys is likely going to continue to decline as people would rather buy keys from those other games. This is already evident in the price comparison between csgo keys and tf2 keys. They can be bought from valve for the same price, but demand for csgo keys is much higher, so people opt to pay more for them. Generally, tf2 keys are worth ~$2 while Csgo keys are worth ~$2.6 - $2.7. That's all for my response/tangent. Lmk if i missed something or whatever. Hope this helped :)

2 hours ago, DragonHaert said:

Marketplace.tf prices are determined by the sellers, not the website. The prices will stay low as sellers trying to cash out need to be competitive in order to sell their items at all. When some people have hundreds of keys listed at 1.9, the only hope for other people trying to cash out is to list them for lower. The only way marketplace could control the prices would be to list their own keys for lower. This wouldn't affect the other sellers because the lower the price, the sooner buyers will buy it. Even if they tried, they would only be losing their keys for less than the usual price. Prices aren't going to go up, either. Due to the rise of several other skin economy based games (CSGO, PUBG, H1Z1, etc.) Lots of people are cashing out to buy and invest in those games. Demand for Tf2 keys is likely going to continue to decline as people would rather buy keys from those other games. This is already evident in the price comparison between csgo keys and tf2 keys. They can be bought from valve for the same price, but demand for csgo keys is much higher, so people opt to pay more for them. Generally, tf2 keys are worth ~$2 while Csgo keys are worth ~$2.6 - $2.7. That's all for my response/tangent. Lmk if i missed something or whatever. Hope this helped :)

Can’t sell keys for higher when the biggest seller, scrap tf, lists 100000 billion keys at a certain price. I doubt 90% of the buyers of keys on marketplace would not buy if the price was $0.05 or $0.10 higher.

Serious Note: scrap tf at any time, has roughly 50% of the market on marketplace. 

Archived