Where can I warn other people about scammers?

Paintknight

One person tried to scam my friend by making a copy of her account and making me trade her unusual back to "her".
After we saw through that, I took information about him(and we noticed he was trade banned at the same time) with her, and noticed that the clone account of my friend was linked to one account that pretended to be one of the richest accounts in TF2. The rabbit hole goes deep.
Is there any way I can get a word about that account around and warn people about it? And most importantly, can I even do it here?
If it's against the rules, I happily delete this thread, but I want to make sure others don't get scammed like that.

EDIT: I found the rich guy account was a clone too. It's clone wars out here.

They are called impersonators. All you can do is report them on steamrep (if they aren't already a marked scammer) and then block them. Hard to pin down who they really are because they can hide behind VPNs and a nearly unlimited number of alt accounts. Even if they run out of accounts they just make more.

its a very old scam method.its called 'impersonation to defraud'.they will pretend to be big-time traders in which they aren't and claim there's some sort of bullshit aass bug which doesnt exist for anyone to make you to trade your item for nothing.

Archived