Do you think the Pan is OP?

Soul Excalibur

"omg VaVLE Fix DA Pan iz OP. N33ds a NerF PlZ VALVE"

"It's just a reskin"

I honestly have no clue.

Reason I bring this up is because I was recently on a server and pulled out my Strange Pan and did pretty well. Theres always some clown who complains to you that you are a noob because you are using an op weapon "LETS KICK HIM"/

So how does that work?

Anyway what's your opinion on the Frying Pan?

Edit- Yes, I did edit because it was on the Horizon of an argument.

• Administrators

You die by one or two strike with Frying Pan. Leaving that with 99.99% chance of critical hit. So, yeah it is indeed OP and needs a nerf really bad.

So the pan is just a reskin is it?
I want you to go on a server and count how many kills you get with the default melee weapon within 1minute

Then find how many kills you get with a pan within the same amount of time.

Tell me which one killed the most people? :3

So the pan is just a reskin is it?

I want you to go on a server and count how many kills you get with the default melee weapon within 1minute

Then find how many kills you get with a pan within the same amount of time.

Tell me which one killed the most people? :3

So what? do you think it has stats that Valve are hiding or something? Who knows

Same as default Melee.

But people who equip pan use it more often than when not equipping it.

Too many dumb people don't understand the Crit System

Too many dumb people don't understand the Crit System

The base crit chance for standard weapons is 2%. This is modified by a bonus percentage based on how much damage the player has done in the last 20 seconds, which scales from 0% at 0 damage to 10% at 800 damage. For example, if the player has dealt 200 damage in the past 20 seconds, the additional bonus percentage is 2.5% and so the overall crit chance is 4.5%. As a result, the highest natural crit chance attainable is 12%.

Melee weapons are designed to crit far more often than ranged ones in order to encourage their usage at close range. Their base crit chance starts at 15% - higher than attainable for ranged weapons with the recent damage bonus maxed out - and their recent damage bonus scales from 0% to 45%, meaning a player that has done 800 damage or more in the last 20 seconds has a melee crit rate of 60%.

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Critical_hits

As someone else in the thread said, when you equip the pan or ham, you're going to use it more than a default melee.

shhhh, thats crazy talk 

The base crit chance for standard weapons is 2%. This is modified by a bonus percentage based on how much damage the player has done in the last 20 seconds, which scales from 0% at 0 damage to 10% at 800 damage. For example, if the player has dealt 200 damage in the past 20 seconds, the additional bonus percentage is 2.5% and so the overall crit chance is 4.5%. As a result, the highest natural crit chance attainable is 12%.

Melee weapons are designed to crit far more often than ranged ones in order to encourage their usage at close range. Their base crit chance starts at 15% - higher than attainable for ranged weapons with the recent damage bonus maxed out - and their recent damage bonus scales from 0% to 45%, meaning a player that has done 800 damage or more in the last 20 seconds has a melee crit rate of 60%.

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Critical_hi

So how does that work for the medic? It seems medics build a crit-bonus as well. Damage-assists?

So how does that work for the medic? It seems medics build a crit-bonus as well. Damage-assists?

While healing, any damage your patient does it counts for you as well (assists). So if you are doing a lot of healing you will genuinely be getting a lot of critical hits. Same applies for Engy with his Sentry Gun/Mini

Archived