Rep threads for cash sales?

Teeird

Was thinking about that too. There's quite a few places for that already though, so unless bp can offer something new it might not really be worth it.

░█▀▀░█░░█░█▀█░█▀▀░█▀█
░▀▀█░█░░█░█▀▀░█▀▀░█▀▄
░▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀░░░▀▀▀░▀░ ▀
░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░████
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█
░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█
██████▄▄█░░░░░███▄
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░ Brad ░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░Add This░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░ Please! ░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░█

░█▀▀░█░░█░█▀█░█▀▀░█▀█

░▀▀█░█░░█░█▀▀░█▀▀░█▀▄

░▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀░░░▀▀▀░▀░ ▀

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀

░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█

░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀

░░░░░░░░░░░████

░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█

░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█

░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█

██████▄▄█░░░░░███▄

▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░█

▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░█

▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░ Brad ░░░█

▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░Add This░░█

▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░ Please! ░░█

▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░█

▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░█

Those things are so incredibly annoying :P

Wouldn't this take a pretty significant chunk of time to monitor? I'm all for legitimatizing other forms of rep, since rep hasn't really mattered for ages now, but a main factor of rep threads is distinguishing fake rep, which I'm assuming admins/mods used to do at some point on that site. (I'm unfamiliar with mct & tf2t rep etc, I viewed rep threads there as even more inferior/unimportant until now for whatever reason) Rep threads seem as antiquated/unreliable as SR at this point

The idea has crossed my mind before, but its a terrible idea. 

Would you trust a "scamming/manipulating" sites' rep? Unfortunately most larger traders shit on bptf so rep from here wouldn't mean all that much. 

I've honestly considered this multiple times, and i just can't see anyway that it doesn't end in disaster. If SR didn't suck, they would be the best choice to handle rep since thats all the do; but SR sucks. With that said, lets just create a new version of SR to replace the current shitty one and add rep threads. 

@Teeird, just turn one of the domains you already have and we can all make a newer better and improved SR :P 

Wouldn't this take a pretty significant chunk of time to monitor? I'm all for legitimatizing other forms of rep, since rep hasn't really mattered for ages now, but a main factor of rep threads is distinguishing fake rep, which I'm assuming admins/mods used to do at some point on that site. (I'm unfamiliar with mct & tf2t rep etc, I viewed rep threads there as even more inferior/unimportant until now for whatever reason) Rep threads seem as antiquated/unreliable as SR at this point

Not at all, rep-threads are still quite relevant.

Was thinking about that too. There's quite a few places for that already though, so unless bp can offer something new it might not really be worth it.

These

Go away chigga

People use bp.tf and outpost the most, would be nice for at least ONE of those sites to have a rep thread. Its a tough thing to get into though, people will be blaming the site if they get scammed by someone with a rep thread here (probably one of the reasons they arent doing it?), lots of monitoring needed.

Its a tough thing to get into though, people will be blaming the site if they get scammed by someone with a rep thread here.

So much so. If bptf also managed rep in addition to prices it would create such a mess--its just not worthwhile. 

Not to mention the mods are already busy with suggestions and such. 

Also, the best group to host rep would be a third party who's not involved with trading at all (i.e. SteamRep. Unfortunately they would need to get their shit together first). 

So much so. If bptf also managed rep in addition to prices it would create such a mess--its just not worthwhile.

Not to mention the mods are already busy with suggestions and such.

Also, the best group to host rep would be a third party who's not involved with trading at all (i.e. SteamRep. Unfortunately they would need to get their shit together first).

yea definitely agree, was just thinking for convenience i guess.

There won't be rep threads, but I'm working on something along these lines that are far more generic than cash trade rep.

hmm interesting

There won't be rep threads, but I'm working on something along these lines that are far more generic than cash trade rep.

Okay, looking forward to whatever you're working on, Bradly.

Archived