I Unknowingly Traded With A Marked Scammer Alt

PyroSharkGod

Hey guys. So I recently bought an unusual from https://backpack.tf/u/76561198446685561. I didn't realize until after the trade that he is the alt of a marked scammer. Is there anything I can do currently? Because as I did the trade I did not realize that he was the alt of a scammer, and really don't want to get banned from any trading websites. If I could get some help I would be really thankful, thanks. 

Your items used to be a scammer’s. Needs to be reported to a steam admin . I’ll get one to add you kek. Jokes aside though, you may wanna inform a mod? The bp.tf policy allows you to unknowingly trade with scammers with a temp ban once or twice but you’ll get a bp.tf ban. 

17 minutes ago, PyroSharkGod said:

Alright thanks man. Should I just message a mod on here? Or should I add them?

Up to you. Would suggest you contact teeny since teeny’s defo one of the better admins. I think you can drop them a private message too.

Contact an Outpost moderator as well if you use Outpost.com

You will obviously get a temporary tag in both sites but you should be fine after that as long as you don't trade with scammers.

Use rep.tf to check a player's reputation before trading with him. It is a really nice tool.

I have a question: What happen if you trade with someone who is not marked as scammer, but hours after the trade was made, he get banned on SteamRep, you get a ban?

5 minutes ago, human__ said:

I have a question: What happen if you trade with someone who is not marked as scammer, but hours after the trade was made, he get banned on SteamRep, you get a ban?

No, unless it was pretty obvious.

4 hours ago, ḎℰѦÐ! Boom said:

No, unless it was pretty obvious.

On what planet is a user with

(1)  -reps 

(2) an account made 2 months ago with high value items not "incredibly obvious?"

(3) No SteamREP history before December 29th, 2017 (the first time they ever viewed their own SRprofile)

(4) level 1

(5) 10% of their friends list is marked scammers, numerous of which are linked alts. 

not obvious?!?

I see other flags as well, but i'm not going to list all of them. I seriously doubt that OP who seems to be an experienced trader could have missed all of these flags.

26 minutes ago, Rosalina said:

On what planet is a user with

(1)  -reps 

(2) an account made 2 months ago with high value items not "incredibly obvious?"

(3) No SteamREP history before December 29th, 2017 (the first time they ever viewed their own SRprofile)

(4) level 1

(5) 10% of their friends list is marked scammers, numerous of which are linked alts. 

not obvious?!?

I see other flags as well, but i'm not going to list all of them. I seriously doubt that OP who seems to be an experienced trader could have missed all of these flags.

I wasnt talking about this situation? I was answering human's question.. 

15 minutes ago, ḎℰѦÐ! Boom said:

I wasnt talking about this situation? I was answering human's question.. 

I see. Fair enough.

I would like to point out the FACT

"As of 2016, the previous rule on trading with banned users was retroactively repealed. If you have been tagged for this by SteamRep or any of our partner communities, you should fill out an appeal even if your previous appeal was denied (a new appeal will be allowed for this). No new tags will be issued for trading with banned users. For more information, please see the official announcement: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/119528

It is important to note, however, brokering and fencing for banned users is treated as a separate offense. If you are found to be a broker or fence, you can still be BANNED by SteamRep or a partner community."

-https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/policy-change-trades-with-scammer-policy-end-of-life.119528/

So if you have traded with a marked scammer or an alt of a marked scammer there is not any reciprocation anymore. Go on with your life. Nothing has to be reported. Just don't make it a re-occurring event too often, so that you don't become suspicious of brokering or being a fence for a marked user.

And dont listen to the first thing you hear from someone on this forum... People can be pretty dumb on here... when some of them are on the forum from "August 3, 2017"

• PyroSharkGod locked this topic

Archived