Goodbye Sourceop - You won't be missed

AwesomeMcCoolName

I still love Skys reply, pretty much throwing Butane under the bus. 

From his last reply on the new announcement, seems like he's not too happy about it. Wtf is even going on over there

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From his last reply on the new announcement, seems like he's not too happy about it. Wtf is even going on over there

shit management, and people ignoring pretty much everything. 

Read through any forum-wide discussion and you'll notice that the mods rarely ever really respond to anything, or even seem to have similar opinions. Butane and Womb are both shit heads and really suck at their job; and Sky has just been absent and not really helpful--hes just "there". 

Edit: And the trade sections gone again. 

I realise that we're all thinking this, but I really just need to get this out of my system. Hasn't Butane always bragged about SourceOP being very good at preventing scams? In what way was destroying trading history consistent with that attitude? Also, it'll be extremely ironic if money traders continue to consider SourceOP to be reputable enough to safeguard reputation threads. I feel better now.

I realise that we're all thinking this, but I really just need to get this out of my system. Hasn't Butane always bragged about SourceOP being very good at preventing scams? In what way was destroying trading history consistent with that attitude? Also, it'll be extremely ironic if money traders continue to consider SourceOP to be reputable enough to safeguard reputation threads. I feel better now.

Butane. Is. A. Cunt. 

SOP is run by shit-heads who like to pretend he's not. Just check Dopps comment to me; thats pretty much how all conversations at sop go.

"Butane treats everyone like a piece of shit, actually no, i think he treats shit better"

Stops insulting butane. Back on topic. 

"When he stops insulting me, then, and only then, does he have the right to stop being insulted. 

Kay, Banned.

Oh, and lets not forget Dopps mightier than thou comment, essentially saying how important Sop is blah blah blah...Well, sir Has-his-head-up-his-ass, if sop were to be created now with its current staff everyone (and i do mean everyone) would tell you to fuck off. The only reason sop is still around is because people have rep on there and they want to start from scratch. 

What i was going to say but Butane had to make his comment, so i couldn't exactly say what i wanted to:

"I'm personally sick of seeing "Butane is terrible, Sky is never around" posts.

The work that Butane and Sky have done is commendable and shows why everyone looks to this site as the source for valuable rep. With BlackAdder and Fusion taking care of the day-to-day stuff, it's been a job that (while thankless at times) shows the dedication the four SOP trading forum staff has to the community and keeping it safe. 

Before the thread devolves into more stupid speculation, infighting amongst staff, and haughty entitled comments please be sure to be respectful and mindful towards each other and the work done on the site. The access of the trading and rep sections is being worked on as Sky has said so let the discussion stay focused on that. We appreciate the feedback and constructive criticism that you have provided (and hopefully will continue to provide) but baseless speculation and accusations aren't welcomed." --Dopp

"And I'm sick of Butanes abusive comments, yet any time anyone tries and say something about it they get shot down. So why not get rid of the fucking double standards already. If Butane can't treat people like shit, then people can treat him like shit.

With the exception of Butane i don't really have a problem with the staff. I don't have any problems with BlackAdder or Fusion; why? because they don't talk down to people and treat them like shit.

And yea, ok, it takes a lot to moderate the general trade sections.....Anyone who's marked on SR should have their account locked automatically, so there would be no need for a mod to deal with threads involving scammers. So a mod has to deal with trades in the wrong section, go over reports, and actually approve the threads that have been sitting in the pre-approval section for months. That definitely warrants Butane's abusive behavior." --Me

Sop mods was enough for me to not even look at the site anymore.

Also im pretty sire it was dead along time ago so i couldnt care less.

Sop mods was enough for me to not even look at the site anymore.

Also im pretty sire it was dead along time ago so i couldnt care less.

Well, if you really don't care about sop, then feel free to post my comment above (without my name of course) :P

Not for nothin' but my response in the thread was targetted at Butane and Sky as much as it was everyone else and wasnt meant to come off as holier-than-thou. 

Not for nothin' but my response in the thread was targetted at Butane and Sky as much as it was everyone else and wasnt meant to come off as holier-than-thou. 

Well, then i apologize, but up until this point Butane has always been incredibly abusive towards people, yet people tolerate it because so much rep has been grandfathered into the site that there really isn't an alternative--so getting banned from sop wouldn't really be good. 

Also, i feel like i should clarify what i meant when i was referring to the mods. Sky hasn't been super active on front-end of the forums--pretty much just Butane is. And i know that Wombs a server mod, i had mentioned that to someone in one of my earlier comments, but he still posts often enough, and when he does its usually a troll comment that doesn't bring anything to the table, at all. But, i don't really have so much of an issue with his attitude simply because he's just a troll. 

Understandable, the moderation for the trading section has always been fluid save for Butane and Sky (and Petey, but he is no more, he has ceased to be).  Fusion and Blackadder are the current moderation (as folks like me have done it in the past and went mad, requiring new mods to be added) and like I mentioned handle most of the customer facing communication (e.g. 'Stop spamming', 'be nice', etc).  Butane and Sky have always been more behind the scenes maintenance anyway, which is where the heart of "why SOP rep is what it is" resides.  Constant moderation of rep threads, making sure they're valid posts (such as making sure the trade happened on SOP, not made by alts, etc) , dealing with ban appeals and tracking down scammers and other tasks.  This is hours a day, constantly.

I can't speak to their customer service, but for the work that they both do, I at least hope people might... I dunno, i don't think "accept" is the right word, but at least see why Butane can be short/blunt on Steam and why Sky may seem like he's not arround that much. 

But yeah, Womb is Womb.  He's from the land of SourceOP the plugin, not TF2items.com's support forum turned trading and rep forum. 

I can't speak to their customer service, but for the work that they both do, I at least hope people might... I dunno, i don't think "accept" is the right word, but at least see why Butane can be short/blunt on Steam and why Sky may seem like he's not arround that much. 

Yet there are still plenty of admins/mods who, may not be super helpful, but aren't downright abusive towards users. 

And i feel like that has something to do with the "diminished" traffic sop gets. SOP used to be a good place to ask a question since it would be answered relatively quickly. Now, everything but the trade forums are pretty much dead.

And lets not forget the terrible way Butane (and Womb) handled this whole situation; there are clearly better ways to have handled it than: "We're shutting down, go away." 

• 1 month later...

Looks like everyones going with the positive/negtive rep system now...

http://imgur.com/UN0bKlb

That was merely trying out / testing a few systems to see which one would be more appropriate to use. But in the end I've skipped the whole + reputation thing and went with down-voting system instead. It's more fitting seeing there were tons of reputations already created.

Check the date bud ^^

I know what the date was when the last post(s) were posted ;). I merely replied to explain what has changed since I added that rep system.

I know what the date was when the last post(s) were posted ;). I merely replied to explain what has changed since I added that rep system.

pretty much what ward said. you just grave digged an old topic. Its k

every trader is a scammer wannabe.
for the funder of sop to be a scammer thats not news.i will be surprised to hear theres a legitimate trader somewhere in the tf2 universe anyway.

in topic sop is gone was about f@$$g time i say.ut was always useless and missleading.

Archived