Goodbye Sourceop - You won't be missed

AwesomeMcCoolName

As someone who's used it for rep over the past 1~2 years of paypal trading, this blows.

Though, after reading that thread and seeing how terribly childish and rude the staff there are, I'm glad that I don't have to use their service anymore.  (I understand I didn't have to before, but once you start building rep somewhere, you don't really want to change.)

There behavior isn't new news. The only reason I (and many others) didn't tell Butane (you are the one) to go fuck himself is that no one wanted to lose access to the rep threads. Womb is a bit different since i never really managed the forums, he managed more the servers and the gb section of the forum (so him being a cunt is just his personality, whereas butane is, well, just a cunt). 

How did ya find that out?  :blink:

It was all over SR

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198000174003 (for anyone who missed this somehow, probably should take a look at it) dat appeal though. Mattie's reddit thread outlines some changes this caused as well. I'd understand why they'd want to disassociate themselves from tf2 trading, with this situation and coupled with these admins' attitudes towards tf2 traders in general, but they're clearly not handling this very appropriately. Not like they really care though obviously. Honestly I'm not sure what an archived/screenshot rep thread would do for anyone, but clearly some people at least want that option, and I can't blame them

http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198000174003 (for anyone who missed this somehow, probably should take a look at it) dat appeal though. Mattie's reddit thread outlines some changes this caused as well. I'd understand why they'd want to disassociate themselves from tf2 trading, with this situation and coupled with these admins' attitudes towards tf2 traders in general, but they're clearly not handling this very appropriately. Not like they really care though obviously. Honestly I'm not sure what an archived/screenshot rep thread would do for anyone, but clearly some people at least want that option, and I can't blame them

An archived rep thread would help people get alone while they built up a new one. 

SOP was always rude and unreasonable, but many people relied on that site and they are handling it terribly. They make it seem like admin scammed and got reported and they are salty about it. We never supported trading, well you kinda did and didnt seem to warn people enough about it shutting down.

SOP was always rude and unreasonable, but many people relied on that site and they are handling it terribly. They make it seem like admin scammed and got reported and they are salty about it. We never supported trading, well you kinda did and didnt seem to warn people enough about it shutting down.

O, i'd honestly love to tell off Butane, but i'd rather not get myself banned before all of this is completely over. He's just about the biggest cunt i've ever met (in-game or in real-life). He's the only person i can think of who would tell someone to go fuck themselves for trying to help someone, and sadly i have plenty of stories about him and shit like that. 

O, i'd honestly love to tell off Butane, but i'd rather not get myself banned before all of this is completely over. He's just about the biggest cunt i've ever met (in-game or in real-life). He's the only person i can think of who would tell someone to go fuck themselves for trying to help someone, and sadly i have plenty of stories about him and shit like that. 

Never have had an issue with him specifically, but i mean its still there site and they did give us the service for free and appreciated it (til i was banned) they can deal with shutting down the forums however they want, i just think this wasnt the best way and not very professional.

Never have had an issue with him specifically, but i mean its still there site and they did give us the service for free and appreciated it (til i was banned) they can deal with shutting down the forums however they want, i just think this wasnt the best way and not very professional.

My issues with their staff have nothing to do with this. They just treat people like garbage and people just accept it because SOP rep was a big thing. 

They Rhys'd. What more can we say? It does suck that such a huge trove of reputation was lost, however. Even if the Internet Archive does have some of the threads available, the damage will be done in due time.

So, who's expecting SteamRep to go down next?

They Rhys'd. What more can we say? It does suck that such a huge trove of reputation was lost, however. Even if the Internet Archive does have some of the threads available, the damage will be done in due time.

So, who's expecting SteamRep to go down next?

If SteamRep goes down next, i say we start our own. 

AwesomeRep.tf :S 

I lol'd at the /V/ comment. Most of /V/ hates TF2 or at least the traders. But it's pretty pathetic how they are reacting to the backlash. I understand they don't give 2 shits about the trading community, but if I saw this as a non-trading forum and server user I'd never use go there again. The least they could do is not literally tell people we don't give a shit now go to hell.

I lol'd at the /V/ comment. Most of /V/ hates TF2 or at least the traders. But it's pretty pathetic how they are reacting to the backlash. I understand they don't give 2 shits about the trading community, but if I saw this as a non-trading forum and server user I'd never use go there again. The least they could do is not literally tell people we don't give a shit now go to hell.

Doesn't /v/ hate all the video games in existence?

The real joke is people think they can persuade any of the admins into doing anything helpful.

Wait....we can't? Shit. 

SOP put the rep-thread section back up. So you can now go export it to a PDF if you want. 

Note: They did NOT restore the Rep-Thread approval section (the place where all rep threads from the last 1-1.5 years are located) 

Edit: 

"One of the owners wanted it up, so I guess it stays up as an archive after all, their site so I am not going to remove it." -Butane

SOP put the rep-thread section back up. So you can now go export it to a PDF if you want. 

Note: They did NOT restore the Rep-Thread approval section (the place where all rep threads from the last 1-1.5 years are located) 

Edit: 

"One of the owners wanted it up, so I guess it stays up as an archive after all, their site so I am not going to remove it." -Butane

Still no word on the approval section. 

The admins/mods never took the time to review them and move them over. 

Still no word on the approval section. 

The admins/mods never took the time to review them and move them over. 

There up. 

All rep-threads are back up.

"The moderators no longer have the time or energy to moderate the trade forums. With nobody left to keep out the spammers, scammers, and other baddies, they had to shut it down. I've brought back all rep threads as read-only." -Drunken Fool

Wow, some people must feel pretty stupid right now.

"I took it away and burried it in the sandpit! Now you'll never see it again!" *Twelve pages of crying.* "Haha! That's right! No one cares! You'll never see it again!"

"Billy, give the toy back!"

"Yes, Mummy."

Too bad they can't restore their reputation.

I still love Skys reply, pretty much throwing Butane under the bus. 

Archived