[H] Price Suggestions [W] Advices #teachme

stohpidarsesheet

Hello, I'm pretty new to here bp.tf :3

I've been loving / using bp.tf as my price guide, but there are many unusual hats of which prices are old or not set.

And the other day, I posted a request on price refresh on G.Fetti Team Captain and Wesley did it for me and the suggestion was accepted.

And I thought it'd be awesome if I could make suggestiong myself and just started making suggestions on unusual hats following other people's (mostly those with blue belts <3) examples.

Pls do take a look at my suggestions and tell me what you guys think of them.

Also, I'm wondering if all the emoticons in my suggestions show up properly on your screens :o

http://backpack.tf/u/76561198043897422

※not about how I use emoticons or w/e since it's my style but about suggestions themselves

P.S. Sorry for mah baaad English, I iz Japanese and we iz not very gud at English >.> Indeed, I thought "advice" was a countable noun, but it wasn't... feeling embarrased :/

Take a look here: http://backpack.tf/vote.php?skip=15&quality=-1&defindex=-1&tradable=-1&craftable=-1&priceindex=-1&all=1&steamid=76561198069400954

There's some of my unusual suggestion.

My mindset is always quality over quantity.

I find all offers on the current trades on the market to determine if my sales are outliers or not.

I try to find as much sales as I can using premium or using the trades from the previous suggdstion.

You can also read here: http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/6033-new-unusual-price-suggestion-guide-the-cheat-sheet/

First and foremost, you need to find an item you want to price. This includes checking everywhere if the price is outdated or not or if there is enough proof to prove otherwise.

Secondly, based on the proof you find, suggest a range. For item suggestions you need a wide range of sellers and sold, and for unusual suggestions, you need at least two solds to raise a price. To lower a price, you need unsolds at the current price.

FINDING PROOF: To find sellers at the current price, search outpost and bazaar for proof. This is for both items and unusuals. Then, for item solds, you need to search for your item in Google, putting outpost/bazaar in the search bar. You also need to specify past month in the search settings. To find out if the item has sold, just contact the user or check his backpack. For unusuals, you will have to find at least one seller and then check the history to find previous owners for solds. Then, post your suggestion with the proof you find. Always end politely and ask for proof/counterproof and feedback. It is also quite nice to start the suggestion with a comment about the item. When replying to comments ALWAYS be polite.

Secondly, based on the proof you find, suggest a range. For item suggestions you need a wide range of sellers and sold, and for unusual suggestions, you need at least two solds to raise a price. To lower a price, you need unsolds at the current price.

You need 2 sales to establish a price on a new hat/new effect, not just to rise a price.

FINDING PROOF: To find sellers at the current price, search outpost and bazaar for proof. This is for both items and unusuals. Then, for item solds, you need to search for your item in Google, putting outpost/bazaar in the search bar. You also need to specify past month in the search settings. To find out if the item has sold, just contact the user or check his backpack. For unusuals, you will have to find at least one seller and then check the history to find previous owners for solds. Then, post your suggestion with the proof you find. Always end politely and ask for proof/counterproof and feedback. It is also quite nice to start the suggestion with a comment about the item. When replying to comments ALWAYS be polite.

for normal items Trade.tf is probbably better, since a month is in most cases too old to use anyway and you get all trades listed in the last 3 days.

also if you actually looked on his profile, you'd see he doesn't have a problem with finding the proof.

i'd say he is just asking for feedback on his suggestions to see if he is doing everything well

Archived