75keys at risk

NotCharoO

1 hour ago, Mrs TS said:

Right....you know its a dick move, one you would be willing to make even if someone made an innocent mistake.  Some good morals you have there.

People mostly do what they want to do, even when they know it's wrong and would hate to have it done to them.  If they can't find even the flimsiest excuse, then the judgement of their peers might be enough to make them pause, but even that's not a guarantee--real, physical consequences are often necessary to prevent people from taking advantage of others.  And if they can find an excuse, then there's no stopping them. 

And they'll call you names for calling them out, for calling their behavior what it is.

Far too often, people really are blinded by greed. 

On 1/15/2018 at 4:50 PM, djsober said:

That's just my thoughts, I don't nessecarily think it's the best thing to do but they'd be lucky to be getting anything back at all. The person who gets the items doesn't have any obligation to return them although it's a dick move.

I disagree. In any other context, like, in real life for example, you have a legal obligation to make a reasonable attempt to return stuff accidentally given to you (in common law countries anyway). Like, you can't just keep someone's mail if it gets mistakenly sent to you. If you find a wallet on the ground you can't just take the money from it. I don't know why it would be different with online stuff. It's an obvious innocent mistake, if you keep the items (or give back some but skim off the top) you're a pretty terrible person and at the very least you deserve negative rep for it, because you've demonstrated yourself to not be trustworthy. I am  pretty appalled by how many people seem to think this is ok or not a big deal.

1 minute ago, Esteban said:

I disagree. In any other context, like, in real life for example, you have a legal obligation to make a reasonable attempt to return stuff accidentally given to you (in common law countries anyway). Like, you can't just keep someone's mail if it gets mistakenly sent to you. If you find a wallet on the ground you can't just take the money from it. I don't know why it would be different with online stuff. It's an obvious innocent mistake, if you keep the items (or give back some but skim off the top) you're a pretty terrible person and at the very least you deserve negative rep for it, because you've demonstrated yourself to not be trustworthy. I am  pretty appalled by how many people seem to think this is ok or not a big deal.

What about this instance: you go to the store and go to buy something and the cashier gives you incorrect change and you end up making profit from going there. You have no obligation to return it.

6 minutes ago, djsober said:

What about this instance: you go to the store and go to buy something and the cashier gives you incorrect change and you end up making profit from going there. You have no obligation to return it.

Off the top of my head, in that situation you're actually committing theft, at least under the definition in my country (New Zealand). You're taking someone's property dishonestly and without claim of right with the intention to deprive them of it permanently. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ so yeah I'd say you do have an obligation.

1 minute ago, Esteban said:

Off the top of my head, in that situation you're actually committing theft, at least under the definition in my country (New Zealand). You're taking someone's property dishonestly and without claim of right with the intention to deprive them of it permanently. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ so yeah I'd say you do have an obligation.

Well sorry, not everyone is from new Zealand

6 minutes ago, djsober said:

Well sorry, not everyone is from new Zealand

Theft is theft. I gave the specific NZ definition because that's the one I know best, obviously, but I'm willing to bet that in any developed country it's all going to boil down to the same basic thing: Dishonestly taking something that's not yours. Besides, even if there were no legal obligation there's a moral obligation. It's ridiculous that I even have to defend the claim that it's wrong to take someone else's stuff.

In many different jobs here in the US, if the cashier makes a mistake, it comes directly out of their paycheck.  Yet you think that  "making profit" is what its all about?  Damn.....you have some serious issues if you can somehow formulate that you would be in the right on this subject.

3 minutes ago, Mrs TS said:

In many different jobs here in the US, if the cashier makes a mistake, it comes directly out of their paycheck.  Yet you think that  "making profit" is what its all about?  Damn.....you have some serious issues if you can somehow formulate that you would be in the right on this subject.

Actually I believe in the USA, the one committing the theft is still the customer. The company just shifts it’s losses on to the cashier

1 minute ago, RED265 said:

Actually I believe in the USA, the one committing the theft is still the customer. The company just shifts it’s losses on to the cashier

Thats if they actually see or care where the money went. At the end of the day if the cashiers money tray is short, it is usually the cashier that has it taken out of their paycheck.   But I suppose it depends on the company.

10 minutes ago, Mrs TS said:

1 hour ago, Esteban said:

That depends on the circumstances. If you find a wallet with no identification, you have every right to keep it. However if you find a wallet with Id, credit card ect then no, you shouldn't keep anything.

looks like he was being a dick.indeed he should be reported.there was an ageement for your keys for his merc hat but you accidentally didnt put his item.ofc its your fault but when you made the mistake,he acted dumb by not knowing what this mistake is.he knew what happened.he blocked you as well.not a trusted user

Just now, Diamond jozu said:

looks like he was being a dick.indeed he should be reported.there was an ageement for your keys for his merc hat but you accidentally didnt put his item.ofc its your fault but when you made the mistake,he acted dumb by not knowing what this mistake is.he knew what happened.he blocked you as well.not a trusted user

It all depends on if there's an agreement. If it's just you send an incorrect offer, there's not much you can do but if you negotiate a price ect and then the mistake is made then you can legitimately report or smth.

12 hours ago, djsober said:

It all depends on if there's an agreement. If it's just you send an incorrect offer, there's not much you can do but if you negotiate a price ect and then the mistake is made then you can legitimately report or smth.

well indeed.here we can see that the victim sent several trade offers for his pure keys for an unusual.it was declined many time.he made a mistake but the accused is playing dumb by not knowing what this mistake was.

Some of you people are arguing about semantics........whats exactly legal and whats not.   I dont know why this is the area everyone is focusing on.  At the end of the day, instead of looking at loopholes and intent, the truth of this is about a MISTAKE someone made.  Why people are claiming the rights of this person or that person, what the hell ever happened to DOING THE RIGHT THING?????  I would have thought that some of you were brought up differently where you knew what was acceptable behavior, but sadly this post, and the other one like it, shows that some of you are just opportunist assholes.

Its not yours, no one just picked you at random to give you things of value without the expectations of it being a fair trade.....and the person that accepts is DAMN WELL KNOWS IT !!!  

So sure, keep it if it makes you feel good about yourself but when all is said and done, you didnt earn it nor were you entitled to it.  Hope it makes you feel like a good person when you close your eyes at night but truth of the matter is, your just another douchebag that got over on someone because they made a simple mistake.

I can see both sides. Personally, I owned a bot back through march-june, and would add up everyone who made a mistake provided they didn't add me first. But if someone were to magically hand me 75 keys, decide not to add me, and decline all of my friend requests; then yes, I would keep the keys. Sadly this was not the case, as the person who took the keys recieved multiple trade offers for his unusual before CharoO sent one without his unusual.

6 minutes ago, S T E W said:

I can see both sides. Personally, I owned a bot back through march-june, and would add up everyone who made a mistake provided they didn't add me first. But if someone were to magically hand me 75 keys, decide not to add me, and decline all of my friend requests; then yes, I would keep the keys. Sadly this was not the case, as the person who took the keys recieved multiple trade offers for his unusual before CharoO sent one without his unusual.

My friend just did a similar mistake. He listed 3 unusuals at 8 ref instead of 8 keys

People have sent me offers for free keys and unusuals. I normally add them and tell them that they made a mistake without accepting. Sometimes I see bots making mistakes, like selling keys at a scrap. I usually buy the items quick, before anyone else can buy them. And then add the owner of the bot to tell him the issue and return the items. Sometimes you do get a donation for your honesty, which is nice.

1 minute ago, Moose said:

People have sent me offers for free keys and unusuals. I normally add them and tell them that they made a mistake without accepting. Sometimes I see bots making mistakes, like selling keys at a scrap. I usually buy the items quick, before anyone else can buy them. And then add the owner of the bot to tell him the issue and return the items. Sometimes you do get a donation for your honesty, which is nice.

Honestly for me it depends on the value of the items. If I see a bot mis-list something like a 6 ref hat for 3 ref I see no harm in Just buying it but if it's something bigger than a few ref I'd happily add the owner and refund.

19 minutes ago, djsober said:

My friend just did a similar mistake. He listed 3 unusuals at 8 ref instead of 8 keys

I did that on my bot. Listed a Steaming tossle cap for 17 ref instead of keys. Guess who buys it? EICE from firepowered. I kekked audibly that a firepowered staff member(at the time) would not give it back.

Archived