75keys at risk

NotCharoO

Always double check your trade offer confirmations fellas 😂 i put 75 keys into a trade and forgot to add the other persons item. Dangit, heres hoping he decides to fix my mistake by trading me the item.

Waiting on a response from him before anything else.

Fingers crossed

EDIT: So he has chosen to keep the keys. My bad. This guys probably not a bad guy, just seizing the opportunity. Just take caution when trading. :) goodluck fellas

http://prntscr.com/i0h2st

http://prntscr.com/i0h3fx

http://prntscr.com/i0h3jv

http://prntscr.com/i0h3of

https://prnt.sc/i0h3t5

https://prnt.sc/i0h6c3

https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561197960576978#!/compare/1515801600/1515888000

https://steamcommunity.com/id/EauRouge/

7 minutes ago, NotCharoO said:

Always double check your trade offer confirmations fellas

To be fair, the system itself makes you triple-check this. Once for the trade offer, again to confirm that you have no items on your side of the trade and are thus gifting the items, and finally again via mobile authentication.

29 minutes ago, NotCharoO said:

Always double check your trade offer confirmations fellas 😂 i put 75 keys into a trade and forgot to add the other persons item. Dangit, heres hoping he decides to fix my mistake by trading me the item.

Waiting on a response from him before anything else.

Fingers crossed

Jeez that sucks, hope it works out unlike the merandus case

23 minutes ago, Scott Bakula said:

To be fair, the system itself makes you triple-check this. Once for the trade offer, again to confirm that you have no items on your side of the trade and are thus gifting the items, and finally again via mobile authentication.

QUADRIPLE check your trade offers fellas!

3 minutes ago, djsober said:

Jeez that sucks, hope it works out unlike the merandus case

Yeah, no luck here, ended up blocking me. Just gottaleave a trust rating just for people to be cautious. Im normally not this careless. 

6 minutes ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Sucks you cant cancel such trade offers.

Nah, i acknowledge the mistake. Bummed as but it should have never been sent by me in the first place.

Sucks that it happened, man.  Everyone makes mistakes, and it never feels good when it's your turn.

I'm glad to see you've got a positive outlook on the situation, though.  Once you've made the mistake, there's nothing you can do, and getting mad or calling names would just waste energy on a lost cause.

On the bright side, you've got enough assets that a few good trades will earn it back. :3

Just now, 3.50 said:

Sucks that it happened, man.  Everyone makes mistakes, and it never feels good when it's your turn.

I'm glad to see you've got a positive outlook on the situation, though.  Once you've made the mistake, there's nothing you can do, and getting mad or calling names would just waste energy on a lost cause.

On the bright side, you've got enough assets that a few good trades will earn it back. :3

Yeah hes definitely handled it better than the last time this happened with someone

5 minutes ago, 3.50 said:

Thanks mate, yeah just need some people to talk to in this difficult time 😂

10 minutes ago, djsober said:

Yeah hes definitely handled it better than the last time this happened with someone

Im dying inside 

59 minutes ago, Scott Bakula said:

A lot of people bring this up when something like this happens, and while it isn't false, you have to remember that any trade requires confirmations.  It's easy to get used to confirming without reading.  So the one-sided warning isn't always seen as a huge waving red flag, it's just an extra confirmation.  We're conditioned to skip confirmations, check the boxes, and get stuff faster.

Also, anyone who makes a lot of one-sided trades (Cash trades, depositing on mp.tf, moving items to/from alts) can get used to ignoring the one-sided trade warnings, so even the extra warnings are the same amount you always get. 

So I wouldn't agree with someone if they said it wasn't their fault they sent such an offer, but it's not such a complicated or stupid mistake that someone doesn't deserve sympathy for making it.

13 minutes ago, 3.50 said:

A lot of people bring this up when something like this happens, and while it isn't false, you have to remember that any trade requires confirmations.  It's easy to get used to confirming without reading.  So the one-sided warning isn't always seen as a huge waving red flag, it's just an extra confirmation.  We're conditioned to skip confirmations, check the boxes, and get stuff faster.

Also, anyone who makes a lot of one-sided trades (Cash trades, depositing on mp.tf, moving items to/from alts) can get used to ignoring the one-sided trade warnings, so even the extra warnings are the same amount you always get. 

So I wouldn't agree with someone if they said it wasn't their fault they sent such an offer, but it's not such a complicated or stupid mistake that someone doesn't deserve sympathy for making it.

I added the guy and asked him about it, he first denied getting keys and then he said he bought them with PayPal. When I called him out he blocked me

3 minutes ago, djsober said:

I added the guy and asked him about it, he first denied getting keys and then he said he bought them with PayPal. When I called him out he blocked me

I find it unsurprising that he'd lie, as anyone who does something like that knows that it's wrong.  It's unfortunate that nothing can be done about it.

Vote

Would you give them back?

I know I would just cause Id feel too guilty, I know its a mistake you can make money on ... but It would gnaw at me like in the book the telltale heart

Just now, Mr Furley said:

Vote

I know I would just cause Id feel too guilty, I know its a mistake you can make money on ... but It would gnaw at me like in the book the telltale heart

If I had to be honest, I'd give back most of it but I'd keep a bit, in this case Maybe 10-15 keys

32 minutes ago, djsober said:

If I had to be honest, I'd give back most of it but I'd keep a bit, in this case Maybe 10-15 keys

Which id be happy with tbh

Just now, NotCharoO said:

Which id be happy with tbh

I'm not proud to admit that but it's still someone's mistake, although I've had the same thing happen to me with a Spelled scattergun and I know how much it sucks

I dont know why you would keep any of it. If you acknowledge its a mistake then they dont belong to you. Really.......keeping 10-15 keys because it what, took you a whole 1 minute of your time to send it back?  Pfffft.

2 hours ago, Mrs TS said:

I dont know why you would keep any of it. If you acknowledge its a mistake then they dont belong to you. Really.......keeping 10-15 keys because it what, took you a whole 1 minute of your time to send it back?  Pfffft.

I kinda agree,  though the person getting items back should be so happy they would give a nice cut.

Just now, Mr Furley said:

I kinda agree,  though the person getting items back should be so happy they would give a nice cut.

That's just my thoughts, I don't nessecarily think it's the best thing to do but they'd be lucky to be getting anything back at all. The person who gets the items doesn't have any obligation to return them although it's a dick move.

Right....you know its a dick move, one you would be willing to make even if someone made an innocent mistake.  Some good morals you have there.

1 minute ago, Mrs TS said:

Right....you know its a dick move, one you would be willing to make even if someone made an innocent mistake.  Some good morals you have there.

At least I'm being honest. Someone asked for opinions, I answered. Haven't seen you do that.

4 hours ago, Mr Furley said:

Vote

Honestly, I'd've just declined the trade in the first place, as my first thought wouldn't be "Ooh, Free Keys!", but instead "What's wrong with these keys and why are they trying to dump them on me?"

Archived