Death at Dusk or Morning Glory?

JayTuut

D@D or MG?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. D@D or MG?

• Death at dusk
    • Morning Glory

I've owned both, and personally D@D is better (I currently own a D@D winter woodsman). D@D can be a lot more noticeable. Sometimes the white cloud in morning glory can be hard to see. Morning glory is way better for combining. (with sunbeams, frostbite, vivid plasma, searing plasma, blizzardy storm, etc.) 

In conclusion, if you are not planning to combo, D@D is better (in my opinion). Morning Glory is still a great effect however.

I slightly prefer d@d, I think it looks a little bit less awkward when the effect glitches (the sun floats away from the cloud and sunrays). They both would probably be my favorite effects if they didn't have that glitch.

As the guys above say, I agree that D@D as a standalone, while MG for combos :D  Unfortunately, one major issue with MG/D@D is the unusual slider. When you adjust the slider, the sun disappears from the effect and ends up somewhere else on the map. You end up with a small underwhelming cloud floating above you. The only way to fix this issue is to cloak as a spy and then uncloak. Everynow and then however, very rarely, the unusual slider does work.

Death at Dusk looks better in my opinion. As stated above, Morning Glory probably looks better in combo's. As a matter of fact, I can't really think of an effect that would go really well with D@D. But as a standalone, D@D is better.

29 minutes ago, Erik said:

Death at Dusk looks better in my opinion. As stated above, Morning Glory probably looks better in combo's. As a matter of fact, I can't really think of an effect that would go really well with D@D. But as a standalone, D@D is better.

Does well for a spooky effect like ggjr, phantasm, stormy storm, misty skull

If you had an in-game map that featured a sunrise with clouds, it would look like D@D. It fits the TF2 artstyle better. Morning Glory is desaturated and bland in comparison.

Archived