How does paint affect the price of an item?

Arniakas

For example, how much should a white napper's respite, white  winter wonderland wrap and white merc's muffler cost? As soon as i get the keys i'm planning on buying this mainstream combo.

For example, how much should a white napper's respite, white  winter wonderland wrap and white merc's muffler cost? As soon as i get the keys i'm planning on buying this mainstream combo.

to clarify, this is how backpack.tf calculates it.  that does not necessarily mean it is worth exactly that much.  search outpost for that specific painted hat and see what people are asking/offering

bp.tf paint prices are way off, but it is too much coding to fix it, each hat and each paint is different so you just have to use your best judgement.

White/Black are really the only two paints that hold most of thier value when used. (About 1-1.5 keys + the value of the hat)

Anything below, even TS, loses out.

bptf calculates paints wrong...

How they should be calculated:

Cost of the hat+50% of the cost of the paint. (For high tier paints--Gold and up)[black/white maybe a bit more--60%]

For lower tier paints, its generally difficult to get more than a scrap or 2.

But it also depends on the hat. Some hats are easy to get 50% of the paint value while others (Craft hats that noone wants) you can barely get a ref more from black/white.

Edit: Damnit jon....y u gotta be like that.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived