Fake buy orders

SantiHN

Hey, I've recently seen a few users who use a tactic such as listing an item for sale at X value and they go to their alt account and list a buy order at Y, where Y is greater than X, leading people to believe that if you buy their stuff, you got instant profit, when in reality it's all just a shady scheme. Is this allowed?

1 hour ago, Scott Bakula said:

Of course not.

If you have proof of such a thing, report it.

Thanks. Where would I report it and how do I label it? I had not seen much of this happening until last month and never heard about anyone mentioning it before, that's why i'm clueless about this. 

report it on their backpack.tf trust on both or all accounts which is suspicious.get screenshots for evidence or even a video.you could try reporting them on steamrep but use only printscreen pictures.

30 minutes ago, 42isTooShort said:

https://gyazo.com/ff0e61765b7c1a81f7be9fc7570d2bb2

The little orange flag is next to each listing... that is how you report. But you are going to have to prove that the buyer profile is the alt of the lower seller. Make sure you screenshot EVERYTHING.

hmm, why doesnt he just take 25 keys less :C

But yeah, reporting using the orange flag will make sure the admins see it, screenshot as well incase they go away

Archived