The most idiotic thing Ive witnessed in my trading career

Crog

Everyone better prepare themselves, I still can't believe this happened.

So on the first day of this Smissmas Update, someone managed to unbox a sunbeams caribou companion and listed it in the market. With a little bit of luck I was able to add the unboxer on steam and discuss with him about selling the unusual. At first he was asking for 500 KEYS, and I immediately declined at that offer and said how overpriced it was. He literally responded to me with "I've listed for £500 (on SCM), go get it B". Uhhhh k.......and I just repeated what I said previously.

Fast forward to yesterday, he already dropped his SCM price to around 200-220 keys (with steam tax he only gets ~167 keys tho) which is ideal for me. I gave him an offer containing mostly pure and very easy stuff to sell (worth around 200 keys-ish), but he responds with "but i want money fast". I responded that if he waits a little bit, ill pay him over 50 keys more than how much he'll get. I even promised to give him a few extra keys to just take off the listing. He then responds with "for 3 keys? nah but for 30". I asked him what if i gave him 30 extra and he said "maybe". WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

I then say that what he is doing is honestly stupid in every sense and he responded "but i want fast money" EVERY DAMN TIME I SHIT YOU NOT! EVEN WHEN I WAS OFFERING TO PAY HIM 50 PURE MORE JUST FOR HIM TO WAIT 4 DAMN DAYS HE STILL INSISTS THAT HE WANTS FAST MONEY. He then made a promise that he'll keep it at around 200 keys price in SCM and if no one buys it, I can trade with him for it...

Today, The worst part: Not only did he sell the unusual FOR AROUND 100 KEYS ON SCM WITHOUT EVEN TELLING ME, BUT HE  USED THE MONEY TO GET 3 AUSTRALIUMS. THAT'S IT. THE ONLY REASON FOR HIM TO GET THE MONEY IS TO GET 3 MEASLY AUSTRALIUMS, EVEN THOUGH I WAS OFFERING HIM ENOUGH TO BUY ALMOST ALL THE AUSTRALIUMS IN THE GAME!

This rant is due to myself being unable to comprehend that these are nearly the majority of people that unbox these things. Now I see how sharks and so-called "vultures" can manipulate them so easily. 

3 hours ago, Relic said:

I would have told him to take the keys and you will get money even faster

Tried telling him that. Apparently he was "aware" of what he was doing, but he apparently really needed those 3 australiums lmao. He never even told me he was getting money just to buy those things. He just said he needed money fast.

this nibba is too greedy.i wouldnt go too crazy to offer more money just to make him wait for a few days.thx for sharing this but there are some people in the world who are more advanced stupid

14 minutes ago, Barakuba said:

Did you find the person he sold it too? they might be willing to accept the easy profit

Trying to find them but no success yet :/

5 hours ago, ddy said:

i was keeping an eye on that because it seemed it kept going lower, what did it end up selling for was it the most recent sale at 265.97?

Yep, that was the one as after that sold, it wasn't in SCM nor his inventory.

1 hour ago, Cole Phelps said:

I actually have no words to describe people like him really

Wonder how you didn't even lash out in full anger when you talk with him

Tbh I was also wondering this. Guess I retain professionalism even with imbeciles like him xD

The item is a mercenary grade so statistically there is a high chance that they will be more than one of these. Just wait a couple of days to see if new ones get unboxed. I dunno why he didn't wait you out, patience is key to a lot of things in life.

Haha, sorry buddy, I was the one who bought it. I thought it was weird how quickly he kept dropping the price. Feel free to add me if you want to discuss.

Archived