Who's ready for the annual Christmas key bubble burst?

Barakuba

Every year, people get money for christmas and spend it on tf2 keys. 1 week later, there are more keys in the market, which leads to a periodical price deflation. Are you going to take advantage? Should I sell all my keys to refined bots just to repurchase them when the deflation actually occurs? Discuss

25 minutes ago, HoovyBoard said:

Keys won't deflate lmao. There's more and more ref into the general market. We'll eventually reach back to these levels 

What? Prices decrease and qD increase when supply increases, that's like the first step in economics.

50 minutes ago, HoovyBoard said:

Keys won't deflate lmao. There's more and more ref into the general market. We'll eventually reach back to these levels 

We're not talking about the metal value of keys though, but instead the value in dollars. And that does fluctuate during the year, namely around the major sales (as people cash out to buy games) and when new crates/Halloween hit (as people want keys to unbox).

As for the topic, I tend to not go for the keys themselves, but instead find good deals on the SCM of people dumping their unusuals and the like for cheap quicksells. Gotta keep building that fetti collection.

1 hour ago, HoovyBoard said:

I believe you misunderstood what I saying. I'm saying that there will be a period of deflation in metal prices, after which the prices of keys will once again begin rising in pure.

16 minutes ago, Scott Bakula said:

We're not talking about the metal value of keys though, but instead the value in dollars. And that does fluctuate during the year, namely around the major sales (as people cash out to buy games) and when new crates/Halloween hit (as people want keys to unbox).

As for the topic, I tend to not go for the keys themselves, but instead find good deals on the SCM of people dumping their unusuals and the like for cheap quicksells. Gotta keep building that fetti collection.

I was referring to the price of keys in pure and was not even considering the implications in regard to SCM, but your approach sounds like a good one! Good luck building the collection this year m8.

A different situation could be that a new type of key and crate is released with the key only available in the Mann co store, which would cause traders to try and get keys to resell on the steam community market to buy these keys, causing traders to not want refined and be willing to pay more for keys causing refined prices to go up

Archived