Uh, help?

ThatOneScout

So I spent about a key for 2 specialized killstreak kits on Scrap.tf, then I used it on a strange liberty launcher. I checked the price on BP.TF to find out that it was 6.(somethin) keys! I was pretty happy that I made about 5 keys profit, so then I checked again, because I wanted to sell it, (this is about 3-4 hours later) then I see its 2.29 keys now.. Why/How did it drop within the span of a few hours?

Here is my backpack link, if anyone wants to help/see (its on the second page) https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198181340953

1 hour ago, ThatOneScout said:

So I spent about a key for 2 specialized killstreak kits on Scrap.tf, then I used it on a strange liberty launcher. I checked the price on BP.TF to find out that it was 6.(somethin) keys! I was pretty happy that I made about 5 keys profit, so then I checked again, because I wanted to sell it, (this is about 3-4 hours later) then I see its 2.29 keys now.. Why/How did it drop within the span of a few hours?

Here is my backpack link, if anyone wants to help/see (its on the second page) https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198181340953

Well killstreaks have fluctuating prices because they are priced based off of the last sale on the market. The 6 keys was likely one with spells or something unique about it, giving the false price

32 minutes ago, ThatOneScout said:

Oh damn, it kinda sucks how the first time i check it its unlucky.. rip 5 key profit

Here's a rule of thumb for any trading you might do:

Easy profit for you to grab is as likely to occur as a bloody chunk of meat left unmolested in a 25'x25' tank containing 6 hungry sharks.

Always look twice, and then look again.  99% of the time, it really IS too good to be true.

(edit) Although, if you got two spec. kits for a key, you should be able to sell the Pro kit and make either a small profit, or a small loss at worst...so don't feel bad :3

On 12/15/2017 at 1:46 AM, 3.50 said:

Here's a rule of thumb for any trading you might do:

Easy profit for you to grab is as likely to occur as a bloody chunk of meat left unmolested in a 25'x25' tank containing 6 hungry sharks.

Always look twice, and then look again.  99% of the time, it really IS too good to be true.

(edit) Although, if you got two spec. kits for a key, you should be able to sell the Pro kit and make either a small profit, or a small loss at worst...so don't feel bad :3

Unless you can predict the future, cough cough Santa coats for heavy and soldier.

Archived