I got scammed 2000 $ ( 3k in unusuals ) today .

Merendas

1 minute ago, Fishtail said:

Let's make something absolutely clear. This was not a gift of any sort, even though it came as that way from a suspicious trade offer. Jason was fully aware of the mistake, and he knows someone with Merendas' stature would never just dump his items away to someone he didn't know very well. What is to note is that, despite knowing it was an obvious mistake from Merendas' side, Jason decided to use that as a sheild to keep Merendas' items, and what's more - brag about it. Clearly he's got no moral values, and he's just a typical scum. I will say this: If you were Merendas, you wouldn't be spewing all the words coming out of your mouth to yourself, and most certainly wouldn't take them kindly from others. Merendas fucked up, but as a trader, it's Jason's responsibility to return them if he is a rational person. If he doesn't, despite not getting the blame for accepting the offer, he'll forever be a scum for not doing what's right.

It was not a gift, thats true. It was very clear that that was a mistake and jason abused it, also true. Its still not his responsibility that merenda ist dumb enough to ignore 3 warnings and still send an offer. Accepting it isnt the most moral thing to do but morals dont exist in the trading world, both nak nak and merendas know that. And beeing a scum is not a thing jason really worries about, trust me

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, rappa said:

Actually mate, I'd blame myself and be mad to no one but myself.

But heh, people are stupid aren't they :lol:

You would certainly blame yourself. That's only natural. It's upto the person who has your items now. But surely, after you've just "gifted" away your $4000+ items to some random fella due to a mistake (which us all humans make), you wouldn't be calm. But my point is: anyone who is an established trader in this community should have a rational mind, and has responsibility to make the community better. Merendas overreacted for sure, but that's only natural when you experience a great loss. It's upto Jason to correct that mistake if he's got any value as a person. If he doesn't, noone would blame him for not returning the items since Merendas sent them to him, accidentally. But he would very well be shamed for not returning them. Merendas even explained he's willing to pay 100 keys if he does, which is a nice gesture. Just because this is a virtual community doesn't mean mortality shouldn't apply. And yes, us humans aren't as smart as we think we are.

Well reading this was a fun way to not get my classwork done hehe

But if it we're me, I would have tried talking to Jason first and asked for the hats back nicely, rather than making a hate thread and leaving negative rep on his profile. Shit happens, sorry for your loss. I've been in situations like this too, best thing to do is move on and forget about it, as anything else will be a waste of time.

I can only agree to what Jason said earlier. Merendes wasted their chance. I'm guessing most rich kids know each other at least a bit, so assuming that Merendes knew of Jason's timezone there was absolutely no need to

a] leave those -rep

b] overreact like a little mad kid

c] continue the hateful speech.

Every issue can be resolved, the one or other way, and I too would've lost my patience and mind if I was in Merendes' position, no doubt. But There is a thing called autobump, there is a thing of different timezones and different lifestyles.

What Jason does now is not wrong, but not right either. He can do whatever he wants with those items now, but as I said earlier Merendes wasted their chance to get the items back without any drama or questions asked just by being a childih dumb hothead.

And people like this are supposed to be this game's trading elite? :D

1 minute ago, Relic said:

Well reading this was a fun way to not get my classwork done hehe

But if it we're me, I would have tried talking to Jason first and asked for the hats back nicely, rather than making a hate thread and leaving negative rep on his profile. Shit happens, sorry for your loss. I've been in situations like this too, best thing to do is move on and forget about it, as anything else will be a waste of time.

Agreed, could have been much much nicer about it instead of freaking out and spewing hate.

But still we must not use that as justification for lack of own conscience.

Karma is a bitch and atleast i personally believe such fuckery will come back to bite us somewhere down the line, maybe not directly.

10 minutes ago, Freak4ever2000™ said:

It was not a gift, thats true. It was very clear that that was a mistake and jason abused it, also true. Its still not his responsibility that merenda ist dumb enough to ignore 3 warnings and still send an offer. Accepting it isnt the most moral thing to do but morals dont exist in the trading world, both nak nak and merendas know that. And beeing a scum is not a thing jason really worries about, trust me

If morals don't exist here, then that means to those people, they don't have morals in their life either. If all you truly care for is getting more money by abusing others, surely you're just that type of person in real life as well. You can't be two-faced, noone can. Deep inside you're the same. Like Merendas explained, he was bored and was probably not in his best shape when he sent the offer. Plus when you're sending mass offers like that, you tend to just ignore everything once you add the items and send the offer. For me, I always recheck the offer i've sent once I confirm it. But Merendas didn't, due to his state. I'm not defending Merendas here, but morals are morals. They apply everywhere. I admit i've sometimes thought of doing some vile things to people, especially with paypal trades when i was having a hard time paying tuition, but i've always stuck to my morals. If I receive an offer that seems out of whack, i ask the person offering if they're sure about it. Since the 1st step Jason took, was accepting it without a delay, it just goes to prove my point about morals. He's doesn't seem to have any. Anyways, i'll see myself out. Best thing to do would be for Jason to return the items, but if he doesn't, naturally, he should be shamed. If he doesn't care for being a scum, that adds to my point furthermore.

If morals don't exist here, then that means to those people, they don't have morals in their life either. If all you truly care for is getting more money by abusing others, surely you're just that type of person in real life as well. You can't be two-faced, noone can. Deep inside you're the same. Like Merendas explained, he was bored and was probably not in his best shape when he sent the offer. Plus when you're sending mass offers like that, you tend to just ignore everything once you add the items and send the offer. For me, I always recheck the offer i've sent once I confirm it. But Merendas didn't, due to his state. I'm not defending Merendas here, but morals are morals. They apply everywhere. I admit i've sometimes thought of doing some vile things to people, especially with paypal trades when i was having a hard time paying tuition, but i've always stuck to my morals. If I receive an offer that seems out of whack, i ask the person offering if they're sure about it. Since the 1st step Jason took, was accepting it without a delay, it just goes to prove my point about morals. He's doesn't seem to have any. Anyways, i'll see myself out. This discussion is just one side pitted against another, blaming and shaming both sides. Best thing to do would be for Jason to return the items, but if he doesn't, naturally, he should be shamed. 

I feel like your first lines are like 99% of the game's trader here. It's still no excuse to be in bad shape for something like this to happen. You check the offer three times before its out, well enough time to realize the mistake that's wabout to happen.

4 minutes ago, rappa said:

I feel like your first lines are like 99% of the game's trader here. It's still no excuse to be in bad shape for something like this to happen. You check the offer three times before its out, well enough time to realize the mistake that's wabout to happen.

Do think about different factors that could affect you to be in a bad shape in the first place. Seeing what he offered, he just seemed desperate to get a pan. And my point still stands, when you make mass offers, you don't very well double or triple check, especially if you were in Merendas' state. But hey, since you're so perfect, I guess you'd never make that mistake. Please lead us incompetent fools and point us to the right course of action.

I have no dog in this fight but if anyone has some time take a closer look at the link naknak has posted. 

Not sure where the law stands on internet transactions, but in general there is legal precedent in several countries to reclaim property that was given to another by mistake. 

32 minutes ago, rappa said:

Are you for real? Because Merendes fucked up only by himself he should sue Jason for something Jason couldn't do anything about? Checked the Calender? It's near Christmas so Merendes could've gifted Jason some stuff. :)

The two of you are either really desperate or just plain stupid, to be honest.

And I do have to say, not sure about you guys, but I have never gifted someone something and then tried to sue them for it. My point being that if the person supposedly "gifting" the items complains that it was NOT a gift, it probably was not one, regardless of what the transaction might look like to different parties. 

1 minute ago, rappa said:

Clearly Merendas wanted to send a trade offer, hoping Jason would accept his offer before he goes to sleep. But, he didnt add in the golden pan because he fked up, its true that it might have been Merendas fault for not checking it but still, if a person have some morals... At least return the items since Merendas is willing to offer 100 keys in return for the kind act. But I guess Jason just took it as a christmas gift from a stranger.

P.s: I think Merendas got angry and worried because Jason didnt reply after 4 hours, and he stayed up all night waiting for a reply. Then he jumped to conclusion that Jason is a 'scammer' because he aint returning the stuff back, but I guess Jason really was busy but still he accepted the offer without 2nd thoughts, wheres the moral?

Do think about different factors that could affect you to be in a bad shape in the first place. Seeing what he offered, he just seemed desperate to get a pan. And my point still stands, when you make mass offers, you don't very well double or triple check, especially if you were in Merendas' state. But hey, since you're so perfect, I guess you'd never make that mistake. Please lead us incompetent fools and point us to the right course of action.

No reason to get snappy at me, I never said I was perfect lol. it's just a matter of thinking and using your brain really.

6 minutes ago, Fishtail said:

If morals don't exist here, then that means to those people, they don't have morals in their life either. If all you truly care for is getting more money by abusing others, surely you're just that type of person in real life as well. You can't be two-faced, noone can. Deep inside you're the same. Like Merendas explained, he was bored and was probably not in his best shape when he sent the offer. Plus when you're sending mass offers like that, you tend to just ignore everything once you add the items and send the offer. For me, I always recheck the offer i've sent once I confirm it. But Merendas didn't, due to his state. I'm not defending Merendas here, but morals are morals. They apply everywhere. I admit i've sometimes thought of doing some vile things to people, especially with paypal trades when i was having a hard time paying tuition, but i've always stuck to my morals. If I receive an offer that seems out of whack, i ask the person offering if they're sure about it. Since the 1st step Jason took, was accepting it without a delay, it just goes to prove my point about morals. He's doesn't seem to have any. Anyways, i'll see myself out. This discussion is just one side pitted against another, blaming and shaming both sides. Best thing to do would be for Jason to return the items, but if he doesn't, naturally, he should be shamed. 

I agree with rappa, even on hard drugs i couldnt ignore 3 warnings that my items will be gone. And since merendas instantly made a from post and a giant witch hunt out of this, calling it a scam (truly not a scam we all agree on that) the morals on both sides are shit. I know Jason very well, i know hes not a moral less asshole like many others in this trading scene but i think he did nothing wrong. I understand that many people think that this is some next level asshole thing to accept, but really its what everyone except those 1% special snowflake super nice people that some claim to be would do.

I can't believe you come here and act like you are the victim in a situation where i end up losing 2k, my sleep and being extremely stressed for 10 hours. But lets start from the beginning.

1. You accepted the trade of an OBVIOUS mistake (a big one, but an honest mistake nonetheless), and of cousrse NEVER thought of  giving me my items back. You could have declined the trade or even given the items back to me as i asked you politely  twice ( https://prnt.sc/hn23z7 and https://prnt.sc/hn23ry ). You had 4 - 5  hours before i made this report in which you definitely where online at some point as these screenshots prove ( https://prnt.sc/hmvpqc and https://prnt.sc/hmvq9t ) where you update you backpack.tf items. So, at least be honest and don't type such lies:

42 minutes ago, Jason Le said:

irst of all... I'm a pretty busy guy and I dont have much time especially during daytime. 

58 minutes ago, Jason Le said:

I honestly thought about giving you your my hats back, cause it sucks beeing dumb.

Boohoo I can't wait a few hours for someone to respond and have to report him cause my hats are way more important.

You are basically saying that you casually took a gift of 2k and went offline like nothing happened.

2. I think that everybody in my position would make a report after 4-5 hours in which you ignored me after taking that trade. What should i do? Let you just take the items and leave?

3.You come here after so many hours with some pathetic excuses for your action, which is abusing to the maximum my mistake and earning 2k worth of items which are not yours. I hope that the majority of the community agrees that this is a type of scam. 

Anyways, i think i said all i had to say. We all know you just consciously took advantage of my mistake. I will wait for the moderators opinion on the matter before i reply again. I will try to sleep for some hours cause i'm really starting to collapse and i will not reply for some time. 

4 minutes ago, Wolf#Peace said:

Clearly Merendas wanted to send a trade offer, hoping Jason would accept his offer before he goes to sleep. But, he didnt add in the golden pan because he fked up, its true that it might have been Merendas fault for not checking it but still, if a person have some morals... At least return the items since Merendas is willing to offer 100 keys in return for the kind act. But I guess Jason just took it as a christmas gift from a stranger.

P.s: I think Merendas got angry and worried because Jason didnt reply after 4 hours, and he stayed up all night waiting for a reply. Then he jumped to conclusion that Jason is a 'scammer' because he aint returning the stuff back, but I guess Jason really was busy but still he accepted the offer without 2nd thoughts, wheres the moral?

Well sure, I'm not doubting it, am I? The thing is, and I think that's what led Jason do his decision is the reaction and behavior of Merendes. As I said earlier, every problem can get resolved, and Menderes offering 100 keys for correction this fuckup is a kind gesture, not doubting that as well. Let's just say I can relate to Jason but also to Merendes.

EDIT after Merendes post: Dude, can you come off your high horse finally? Stop prancing around like a fucking asshat here. Time zones and different lifestyles are a thing and if you don't acknowledge that you deserved this to happen, kind of.

Also, this is no scam.

1 minute ago, Freak4ever2000™ said:

I agree with rappa, even on hard drugs i couldnt ignore 3 warnings that my items will be gone. And since merendas instantly made a from post and a giant witch hunt out of this, calling it a scam (truly not a scam we all agree on that) the morals on both sides are shit. I know Jason very well, i know hes not a moral less asshole like many others in this trading scene but i think he did nothing wrong. I understand that many people think that this is some next level asshole thing to accept, but really its what everyone except those 1% special snowflake super nice people that some claim to be would do.

That just about sums up who you and jason are as people. Good thing you just said it here for the whole community to witness. 

3 minutes ago, Merendas (FT) said:

2. I think that everybody in my position would make a report after 4-5 hours in which you ignored me after taking that trade. What should i do? Let you just take the items and leave?

3.You come here after so many hours with some pathetic excuses for your action, which is abusing to the maximum my mistake and earning 2k worth of items which are not yours. I hope that the majority of the community agrees that this is a type of scam. 

2. M8 there is a thing called school/work. I check my steam stuff on my phone a couple of times a day in school, but not my backpack.tf noifications or heck even the forum posts.

3. Im pretty sure the majority of the community thinks that its not a scam but its moral dogshit to accept.

4 minutes ago, rappa said:

Well sure, I'm not doubting it, am I? The thing is, and I think that's what led Jason do his decision is the reaction and behavior of Merendes. As I said earlier, every problem can get resolved, and Menderes offering 100 keys for correction this fuckup is a kind gesture, not doubting that as well. Let's just say I can relate to Jason but also to Merendes.

As Merendas said himself, he kindly asked his items back and Jason declined it. Then he tried to offer Jason 100 keys in return for his mistake but still Jason declined the offer. 

2 minutes ago, Fishtail said:

That just about sums up who you and jason are as people. Good thing you just said it here for the whole community to witness. 

What, is it forbidden to support a friend or even be friended with him? We share some values n stuff but we are very different in a lot of ways. And do you really think im the exact same type of person in real life as im online? Nobody is.

Lol@some of you guys...

So this Jason guy rolls in here, plays the victim card, then justifies keeping $2,500 worth of items based on an emotional forum post.  And yea right he was going to return the items before being slandered, he would have not accepted the trade if that were truly the case.  Fact is he always had one foot through that door, then used the OP as a convenient way to justify keeping the items.  

Good luck going through life that....

2 minutes ago, Wolf#Peace said:

As Merendas said himself, he kindly asked his items back and Jason declined it. Then he tried to offer Jason 100 keys in return for his mistake but still Jason declined the offer. 

Was that before or after creating a shit show? 

If I was Jason, I would have accepted the trade and if Merendes added me and asked nicely (e.g. not in an attacking way), then I would have given him his shit back. After this clusterfuck and the negative rep and all of that, he could go fuck himself. 

1 minute ago, Gren said:

he would have not accepted the trade if that were truly the case. 

Not necessarily, I would have accepted the trade too. 

1 minute ago, AwesomeMcCoolName said:

If I was Jason, I would have accepted the trade and if Merendes added me and asked nicely (e.g. not in an attacking way), then I would have given him his shit back. After this clusterfuck and the negative rep and all of that, he could go fuck himself. 

Not necessarily, I would have accepted the trade too. 

This

1 minute ago, AwesomeMcCoolName said:

and thats exactly what jason does now. If someone starts a witch hunt at me, claming dumb shit, id not give him a single cent back

Archived