I got scammed 2000 $ ( 3k in unusuals ) today .

Merendas

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, 3.50 said:

Edit: You seem to think "taking without permission" and "accepting when given" are the same thing.  They are not.

As far as whether you get to keep the bounty, yes, they are exactly the same. 

Things given to you by mistake are not yours to keep.  This is a simple concept, well established in law and custom.

2 hours ago, Rosalina said:

Hey ape, Did you even look at the thread? There were chat logs. They had an agreed chat agreement. Here he sent the guy an offer. No conversation. No trade description. Completely different situation.

Haha, he had a trade agreement... with a bot.  You seem to be struggling here.  Might be best to quit trading and delete your Steam account.

OH NO, I thinked you sended me free items cuz I profreshional g4mer guy :(:(:(

YoYo Jason Le the bad boy is FINALLY here. :wub:

First of all... I'm a pretty busy guy and I dont have much time especially during daytime. 

I'm sooo sorry dude, you will get the items back any minute
Do you really want me to be nice to you after this FREAKING thread, calling me a scammer for no reason, leaving -reps on my bp.tf trust for no reason and starting a witchhunt?:thinking:

HELL NO

I honestly thought about giving you your my hats back, cause it sucks beeing dumb.

Boohoo I can't wait a few hours for someone to respond and have to report him cause my hats are way more important.

This is not a scam/shark, you should know that. lol

Some facts for you and the other guys/grills here:
- I am not responsible for your/his mistakes.
- We NEVER had any kind of conversation before.
- I did not force you/him to send me the offer.
- We are both experienced traders and you know the prices.

And no, I don't use a script for outpost. Have you ever heard of premium before? 

yjjK86u.png

Q3Qwn6N.png

I thought it would be possible to talk to you without all this here... but you fucked up

1x6zqVO.png

Feel free to block/blacklist me, I dont give a ... 
You can always buy the items back, for full price ofc

Thanks for being the goof of the year

Here is my side of the story in 2 simple pictures

QhxV7dU.png

CURpeJu.png

Kind regards
Janson LUL

2 minutes ago, Angelcake said:

Isn't the steam mobile confirmation was made to prevent this from happening?

Yes, you literally have to confirm an offer twice

7 minutes ago, Jason Le said:

Do you really want me to be nice to you after this FREAKING thread, calling me a scammer for no reason, leaving -reps on my bp.tf trust for no reason and starting a witchhunt?:thinking:

You took what is not yours.  Looks like a pretty good reason to me.

I honestly thought about giving

You did nothing honestly whatsoever.  Being known as dishonest has consequences.  When they manifest, be sure to cry about it publicly, like your kind always does, so that others can learn from your bad example.

3 minutes ago, naknak said:

You took what is not yours.  Looks like a pretty good reason to me.

14 minutes ago, Jason Le said:

Some facts for you and the other guys/grills here:
- We are both experienced traders and you know the prices.

13 minutes ago, Angelcake said:

Isn't the steam mobile confirmation was made to prevent this from happening?

That, plus the big warning on the first conformation saying that you didn't put anything on your side of the trade and should double check everything.

4 minutes ago, tardlife said:

This thread scares me, I keep forgetting most people are pieces of shit. 

He basically had 3 warnings, the first one making the trade, second confirming the trade, and third, getting warned about not putting anything else on the other side

10 minutes ago, Jason Le said:

You are responsible for your actions.

You took what is not yours.   The end.   https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Recovery_of_Money_Paid_Under_Mistake_of_Fact

Quick look at your steam profile; you appear to be very doxable and there's enough money at stake for Merendas to pursue you through the courts.   I would, if I were him.  Have a great 2018.

Are you for real? Because Merendes fucked up only by himself he should sue Jason for something Jason couldn't do anything about? Checked the Calender? It's near Christmas so Merendes could've gifted Jason some stuff. :)

The two of you are either really desperate or just plain stupid, to be honest.

1 minute ago, naknak said:

You are responsible for your actions.

You took what is not yours.   The end.   https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Recovery_of_Money_Paid_Under_Mistake_of_Fact

Quick look at your steam profile; you appear to be very doxable and there's enough money at stake for Merendas to pursue you through the courts.   I would, if I were him.  Have a great 2018.

Now THAT would be funny. But alot of bullshit aswell.Still accepting an offer with free stuff in it is no longer bannable or whatever. Keep on crying, but the items are now in Jasons Backpack. He even made the nice offer to merendas and told him he could buy it back! How nice of him!

I don't care much about the outcome but sure you can keep the things with no concequences, you will be treated as a trash human being for the rest of your life for doing so, especially after you try to justify keeping the stuff by playing the martyr. You accepted the trade, which is not a crime to make profit from others' dumb mistakes, but it will surely hurt you in the long run.

I'm not saying you should give it back, hell we both know you lack the humanity. I'm sure this won't end like this, if a bank screws up and accidentally send you money you're not going to keep it, if he decides to take it to court, virtual items or not, I wouldn't let you just walk away with 3 grand.

@Moyser I still don't really see why this would happen tho. Putting any personal preferences aside, the most logic way to look at this situation is that Merendes did a fuck up and know tries to make jason look like the cause of it, which is untrue. Court? What for, because Jason accepted items as a gift? Since when is accepting a gift a crime? So I can sue the homeless man I help out for "stealing" from me? Flawed logic right there

1 minute ago, Moyser said:

I don't care much about the outcome but sure you can keep the things with no concequences, you will be treated as a trash human being for the rest of your life for doing so, especially after you try to justify keeping the stuff by playing the martyr. You accepted the trade, which is not a crime to make profit from others' dumb mistakes, but it will surely hurt you in the long run.

I'm not saying you should give it back, hell we both know you lack the humanity. I'm sure this won't end like this, if a bank screws up and accidentally send you money you're not going to keep it, if he decides to take it to court, virtual items or not, I wouldn't let you just walk away with 3 grand.

The Bank is something different than ingame items though. If someone SENDS you 3000 dollars, you have the right to keep it. If you see an open door of a car, open it and take something out of the car , thats illegal. But not if you literally slap 3000 dollar in his face

3 minutes ago, rappa said:

Are you for real? Because Merendes fucked up only by himself he should sue Jason for something Jason couldn't do anything about? Checked the Calender? It's near Christmas so Merendes could've gifted Jason some stuff. :)

The two of you are either really desperate or just plain stupid, to be honest.

for something Jason couldn't do anything about

couldn't do anything about

couldn't do anything

couldn't

For anyone who's undecided on this matter, I suggest comparing the reading and writing levels of the people on each side.   There's a definite gap and it's not a coincidence.

1 minute ago, naknak said:

For anyone who's undecided on this matter, I suggest comparing the reading and writing levels of the people on each side.   There's a definite gap and it's not a coincidence.

So we have to write an essay to make our points and opinions clear or what? Wheres merenda btw, isnt he/she the one who should argue with jason and not you?

1 minute ago, Freak4ever2000™ said:

So we have to write an essay to make our points and opinions clear or what? Wheres merenda btw, isnt he/she the one who should argue with jason and not you?

Surely looking like you're their lapdog, Nak.

This keeps getting better and better :lol:

2 minutes ago, rappa said:

@Moyser I still don't really see why this would happen tho. Putting any personal preferences aside, the most logic way to look at this situation is that Merendes did a fuck up and know tries to make jason look like the cause of it, which is untrue. Court? What for, because Jason accepted items as a gift? Since when is accepting a gift a crime? So I can sue the homeless man I help out for "stealing" from me? Flawed logic right there

Let's make something absolutely clear. This was not a gift of any sort, even though it came as that way from a suspicious trade offer. Jason was fully aware of the mistake, and he knows someone with Merendas' stature would never just dump his items away to someone he didn't know very well. What is to note is that, despite knowing it was an obvious mistake from Merendas' side, Jason decided to use that as a sheild to keep Merendas' items, and what's more - brag about it. Clearly he's got no moral values, and he's just a typical scum. I will say this: If you were Merendas, you wouldn't be spewing all the words coming out of your mouth to yourself, and most certainly wouldn't take them kindly from others. Merendas fucked up, but as a trader, it's Jason's responsibility to return them if he is a rational person. If he doesn't, despite not getting the blame for accepting the offer, he'll forever be a scum for not doing what's right.

Archived