I got scammed 2000 $ ( 3k in unusuals ) today .

Merendas

So i was very tired but i wanted to send some offers for a golden pan before i got to sleep ..... and yea 

I was stupid enough that i didnt pick any items from him  and now i lost 2.000 $ from Jason le  !  at least  . he accepted my offer and i asked for my items back and he didnt reply  its already  4 hours , he is updating his posts on both bp.tf and tf2outpost  , his status says that he is still offline but he is not .... so what can i do now ? probably nothing for my own stupidity i got scammed such a large ammount . 

https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198062425416 his backpack  and you can still see my hats http://prntscr.com/hmw6jr 

http://prntscr.com/hmvpqc

http://prntscr.com/hmvpuw

http://prntscr.com/hmvq9t

you can see he has my unusuals on his backpack. 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That really sucks.

However, he hasn't listed the hats for sale, or moved them to another account or anything that would definitively say you're hosed.  Steam says he's been offline for 12+ hours.  Are you sure he intends to keep your hats?

1 minute ago, 3.50 said:

That really sucks.

However, he hasn't listed the hats for sale, or moved them to another account or anything that would definitively say you're hosed.  Steam says he's been offline for 12+ hours.  Are you sure he intends to keep your hats?

Then why he accepted  the offer ? and yes he keeps updating his posts on tf2outpost and bp.tf you can check the hour difference http://prntscr.com/hmwdng & http://www.tf2outpost.com/user/76561198062425416 & https://backpack.tf/u/76561198062425416 . he is probably in temptation to scam me and ruin his account or not 

You didn't get scammed. You screwed up. There's a difference.

Its not like Jason went out of his way to deceive you to steal your items. He just merely accepted an offer you sent out of your own stupidity.

Stop making a thread that you got scammed because it puts heat towards other people and its honestly annoying.

If he is nice enough to give you back your unusuals, then you're in luck hes a great guy.

But if not there isn't anything you can do about it. 

In the end life sucks and you should learn from your mistakes and not call people scammers when you are the one that messed up.

Just now, Lila Mond said:

Its not like Jason went out of his way to deceive you to steal your items. He just merely accepted an offer you sent out of your own stupidity.

Stop making a thread that you got scammed because it puts heat towards other people and its honestly annoying.

If he is nice enough to give you back your unusuals, then you're in luck hes a great guy.

In the end life sucks and you should learn from your mistakes and not call people scammers when you are the one that messed up.

Are you serious ? of course i got scammed , because i made missclick i should let someone go away with at least 1000 keys ? what is that logic . People make mistakes like giving me 1 - 2 keys more and i add them back , and i lost 2000 usd and i should let the other guy go away ? and nope as you can see on the screenshot its been 4 hours and he still didnt give them back ... like what ? am i crazy and i am giving away my unusuals which worth a bunch . 

4 minutes ago, Merendas (FT) said:

Then why he accepted  the offer ? and yes he keeps updating his posts on tf2outpost and bp.tf you can check the hour difference http://prntscr.com/hmwdng & http://www.tf2outpost.com/user/76561198062425416 & https://backpack.tf/u/76561198062425416 . he is probably in temptation to scam me and ruin his account or not 

He might be considering it, yes.  I don't know him, so I can't say for sure what he would or would not do.  All I am saying is that he hasn't yet done anything that says 100% that you're screwed.

Also, Steam used to have an error where it would show trade offers as only having items on one side, even though the person sending it had added items on both sides.  You'd just get an error if you tried to accept.  I've gotten lots of those, and I would always accept them for fun, knowing I'd just get an error and not free items.  Or maybe he just wanted to see what it's like to have a backpack value over 9,000 for a day.

I don't know.  It's a stretch, and I know you're probably crapping your pants right now (I know I would be), but try to give him a bit of time to get back to you.  It can't hurt to be patient, difficult as it may be.  After all, if he's going to keep the hats, there's nothing you can do, and you'll have plenty of time to say whatever you want once he makes his intentions clear.

16 minutes ago, Lila Mond said:

Agreed.

Also if you want someone to be decent and nice towards you, it probably doesn't help to call them scammers and have people leave negative trust ratings...

It's 12:30 in Germany. He's probably at work or something, where he can quickly bump his listings but not log in to steam. Until he starts listing the new hats or moving them elsewhere it's probably best to just be patient.

18 minutes ago, Lila Mond said:

This is correct.  Jason isn't a scammer, regardless of what he does next.

However, I would personally permanently blacklist and never trade with someone who accepted such an offer and refused to correct it.  Taking advantage of someone else's mistake (when it clearly is just a mistake) is not the same as premeditated stealing, but it is 100% dishonest nonetheless.

so he took my unusuals and he went 2 sleep ? are you guys thinking about what you are saying to me ? why would he accept the offer  ? and he keeps updating the posts as i said both on bp.tf and tf2outpost  .  arent they 4 - 5 hours already enough ? i  stood awake  over 24h and i still didnt get a reply from him . what do you want me to do . 

1 minute ago, Merendas (FT) said:

so he took my unusuals and he went 2 sleep ? are you guys thinking about what you are saying to me ? why would he accept the offer  ? and he keeps updating the posts as i said both on bp.tf and tf2outpost  .  arent they 4 - 5 hours already enough ? i  stood awake  over 24h and i still didnt get a reply from him . what do you want me to do . 

Wait.  He has backpack premium, and you can easily get a script to auto-bump on OP.  As difficult as it is, wait until you can talk to him.  If he's honest, and it was just some mistake, it'll give you a better chance of getting your hats back.  If not, then you have all the time in the world to say bad things about him after he makes his intentions clear.

Also, it's very possible to have programs that auto-accept one-sided offers.

Just now, 3.50 said:

Wait.  He has backpack premium, and you can easily get a script to auto-bump on OP.  As difficult as it is, wait until you can talk to him.  If he's honest, and it was just some mistake, it'll give you a better chance of getting your hats back.  If not, then you have all the time in the world to say bad things about him after he makes his intentions clear.

Also, it's very possible to have programs that auto-accept one-sided offers.

His items were updated  after 2 hours ( when i send him the second trade offer when i was asking for my items back again )  once . and another time  in less than 1 hour , i was checking the whole time .  the timing was different   i am pretty sure about it . and if he gives them back i dont mind giving him 100 keys for free  even tho he shouldnt accept the offer in first place , at least thats what i would do  . 

Just now, Lila Mond said:

You might ask why I am so harsh.

I've been in the same exact situation.

Its happened to me.

https://gyazo.com/01c7bf21a66cc324ae0d1e4c5dc570aa

https://backpack.tf/item/4672184212

https://backpack.tf/item/1583888907

Did Versl get banned? Nope. 

Man are you trying to help him or something ? why would you post that here ? if he reads that he might think that he has a hope to scam my unusuals and run away . you might wanna help but you dont really help me with that way . 

7 minutes ago, Merendas (FT) said:

Man are you trying to help him or something ? why would you post that here ? if he reads that he might think that he has a hope to scam my unusuals and run away . you might wanna help but you dont really help me with that way . 

Anyone who trades knows that you won't be punished for accepting a one-sided offer that was sent by accident.  He can keep the items, you can't do anything about it, and he already knows that.  What Lila wrote won't make anything worse, even if it also doesn't help.

Those -trusts (if they aren't removed by mods), and his own honesty are all the leverage you really have.

58 minutes ago, Merendas (FT) said:

Are you serious ? of course i got scammed , because i made missclick i should let someone go away with at least 1000 keys ? what is that logic . People make mistakes like giving me 1 - 2 keys more and i add them back , and i lost 2000 usd and i should let the other guy go away ? and nope as you can see on the screenshot its been 4 hours and he still didnt give them back ... like what ? am i crazy and i am giving away my unusuals which worth a bunch . 

How does he know you weren't giving him the items? How was he misrepresenting items? Did he lie to you at all? TL:DR... You're just an idiot.

20 minutes ago, 3.50 said:

Anyone who trades knows that you won't be punished for accepting a one-sided offer that was sent by accident.  He can keep the items, you can't do anything about it, and he already knows that.  What Lila wrote won't make anything worse, even if it also doesn't help.

Those -trusts (if they aren't removed by mods), and his own honesty are all the leverage you really have.

He didnt keep 1 - 2 keys  . he stole me 2.000 $ thats a big difference  if mods let him run i would be very dissapointed   , i know that i made the mistake but that doesnt make any difference that he scammed my unusuals when he accepted the offer .  anyways whatever i have to say had been said , i will wait for a responce from mods . 

2 minutes ago, Rosalina said:

How does he know you weren't giving him the items? How was he misrepresenting items? Did he lie to you at all? TL:DR... You're just an idiot.

Making a human mistake doesn't make me an idiot. Maybe you never make mistakes. However, assuming that he thought ''hey, that's a nice christmas present, i'll keep it'' is pretty dumb by you. I believe that you don't actually believe that, but for some reason you come here and call me an idiot without helping with the situation at all!

At this point it is entirely up to him if he decides to give them back to you or not. He is not liable to face any repercussions either way. 

To make this post, calling him a scammer was probably not the right thing to do if you want him to return you the items out of the goodness of his heart.

You do realize that right?

Making a human mistake doesn't make me an idiot. Maybe you never make mistakes. However, assuming that he thought ''hey, that's a nice christmas present, i'll keep it'' is pretty dumb by you. I believe that you don't actually believe that, but for some reason you come here and call me an idiot without helping with the situation at all!

Here's all the help anyone can give you:
1.  He won't be punished if he keeps the items, based on past precedent.  I say this only to be realistic, and help you make good choices based on facts.  You can talk directly to a mod if you doubt what I'm saying, but I've never seen anyone punished to any degree for accepting an offer/keeping items accidentally gifted.

2.  Give him the benefit of the doubt, until he removes all doubt.  Assume it was a misunderstanding.  Give him a chance to make it right.  Unless/until he refuses, you can't be 100% sure.  If the only hope for getting your items back is to appeal to his better nature, then it's counterproductive to call him a scammer.  Be nice, take the blame, be understanding.

3.  Plenty of people will call you names, for various reasons.  Ignore them.

4.  Given the above, there's really no point in leaving this thread open.  You might get sympathy, you might (will) get insulted, but no one here can actually help you.

We're on your side in spirit, but there's nothing any of us can do.

Since im good friend with jason, and he pretty much woke me up with screenshots of this and laughing his ass off, no you didnt get scammed, and the chance of you getting your stuff back is.....0%?

Oh boy, Merendas.. didnt expect that you were the one getting scammed.. But I doubt Jason would return the unusuals back to you, I have been a friend of his a year ago, talked to him quite alot and I dont think his the kind of person that will give the items back when its beneficial for him.

And to the people out there, Merendas is a cool and friendly guy, I have been his steam friend for almost 2 years. He helped me alot in trading, all he did was to post a forum here because hes confused, mad, sad and angry at himself for sending a trade offer when hes feeling sleepy. And then realized it was his mistake, he couldn't do anything about it. All he can do is pray that the guy who accepted the trade offer was a guy that is kind hearted to return the items. He didnt post this forum so people can post comments that dosent help him and bring him down more.

4 minutes ago, Freak4ever2000™ said:

Since im good friend with jason, and he pretty much woke me up with screenshots of this and laughing his ass off, no you didnt get scammed, and the chance of you getting your stuff back is.....0%?

How is abusing someone's honest mistake funny at all? Well i'm pretty sure he wouldn't laugh if he was in my position and i didn't give him his items back. Thank you for informing me about his intentions, but i would appreciate if he came and wrote it by himself here. If you can't contribute, please don't post on this thread. I'm already having a bad day.

I am so sorry to hear that :(

Unfortunately, in situations like these, there is nothing anybody can do -- it is completely up to Jason to make things right.

The best that you can do on your part is to forgive him and ask as nicely as you can for your items back. I'm sure if he has a heart, he'll understand and return the items.

Even if he doesn't, being bitter doesn't help in any way and is nothing but heartache. The best you can do is to take it as a very expensive lesson to be careful when you confirm trades -- we all make major screwups!

Hope you recover from the situation soon! 

Here is a virtual text hug -- hopefully it will make you feel better! :) *hug* 

How is abusing someone's honest mistake funny at all? Well i'm pretty sure he wouldn't laugh if he was in my position and i didn't give him his items back. Thank you for informing me about his intentions, but i would appreciate if he came and wrote it by himself here. If you can't contribute, please don't post on this thread. I'm already having a bad day.

Well im pretty sure you would laugh your ass off if i were sending you 1500 keys in unusuals and forgott to put in a pan. I was just posting here since Jason Le is currently not arround his Pc so he wont reply here very soon.

Just now, CAaronD said:

I am so sorry to hear that :(

Unfortunately, in situations like these, there is nothing anybody can do -- it is completely up to Jason to make things right.

The best that you can do on your part is to forgive him and ask as nicely as you can for your items back. I'm sure if he has a heart, he'll understand and return the items.

Even if he doesn't, being bitter doesn't help in any way and is nothing but heartache. The best you can do is to take it as a very expensive lesson to be careful when you confirm trades -- we all make major screwups!

Hope you recover from the situation soon! 

Here is a virtual text hug -- hopefully it will make you feel better! :) *hug* 

Same for me here bro.

Archived