Spelled Items Economy/Trading

Barakuba

Hi All,

After a long hiatus from spelled trading, TF2, Steam and video games (aside from LoL) I'm trying to return to the trading scene. I've been told by a trading buddy of mine that footprint spelled cosmetics are garnering less interest and are selling for less than they did a year ago. I was wondering if you (embers of the spelled trading community) feel this is the case or if you have had different experiences in the spelled market. At what prices have you been successfully selling spelled items? With what frequency have you been selling these items? Are certain spells more popular now than they were last year?

Much Appreciated

Barakuba

Here's my pricing for spells based on what I've been noticing in market trends in pricing. I hope this helps you guys out a little bit.

Spell values:

-Voices from below is worth a key, while the single class spells are more random. Single class voice spells are different for everyone, ranging from 15 refined to 3 keys, and their value is hard to judge.

-Any paint spells other than chromatic corruption are worth a key, with chromatic corruption being worth two keys. This is due to demand for it's color.

-Footprint spells are worth three keys, save the grey ones. Gray footprints are worth only two keys.

-Exorcism is worth a key. It's almost on everything as the second spell.

-Squash rockets, gourd grenades, quad pumpkins, and Halloween fire (Spectral flame) are worth two keys, HOWEVER,

-Spectral flame on a strange phlogistinator or a genuine nostromo napalmer is worth four keys. This is due to a combination of demand and scarcity.

-Spell values quadruple on unusual hats. If you see an unusual selling at quicksell value or it's normal value with spells, pick it up. It's a great chance to make killer profits.

-Recent tiered case items with spells (late 2016 onward) are so rare to find, they're almost priceless. There is no way to judge this accurately, and I've only ever seen one.

With this in mind, here are some examples:

Strange scattergun, with exorcism is worth 1 key and 8.44 refined.

A unique phlogistinator with halloween fire (spectral flame) and exorcism is worth 3 keys and a scrap.

An unusual Company Man [Nuts and bolts, valued 13 keys as of writing], painted an extraordinary abundance of tinge [1 key] with chromatic corruption and team spirit footprints is worth 34 keys in total.

The prices may seem inflated, but they're accurate. Don't let people oversell you spelled items, because believe it or not that non genuine nostromo napalmer with spectral flames is not worth 15 keys. It's worth 2 keys and 3 refined. In the end, your best bet is to browse market trends for items, but I hope this guide helps just a little.

- Lockbot -

3 hours ago, Lockbot said:

Here's my pricing for spells based on what I've been noticing in market trends in pricing. I hope this helps you guys out a little bit.

Spell values:

-Voices from below is worth a key, while the single class spells are more random. Single class voice spells are different for everyone, ranging from 15 refined to 3 keys, and their value is hard to judge.

-Any paint spells other than chromatic corruption are worth a key, with chromatic corruption being worth two keys. This is due to demand for it's color.

-Footprint spells are worth three keys, save the grey ones. Gray footprints are worth only two keys.

-Squash rockets, gourd grenades, quad pumpkins, and Halloween fire (Spectral flame) are worth two keys, HOWEVER,

-Spectral flame on a strange phlogistinator or a genuine nostromo napalmer is worth four keys. This is due to a combination of demand and scarcity.

-Spell values quadruple on unusual hats. If you see an unusual selling at quicksell value or it's normal value with spells, pick it up. It's a great chance to make killer profits.

-Recent tiered case items with spells (late 2016 onward) are so rare to find, they're almost priceless. There is no way to judge this accurately, and I've only ever seen one.

A unique phlogistinator with halloween fire (spectral flame) and exorcism is worth 3 keys and a scrap.

An unusual Company Man [Nuts and bolts, valued 13 keys as of writing], painted an extraordinary abundance of tinge [1 key] with chromatic corruption and team spirit footprints is worth 34 keys in total.

The prices may seem inflated, but they're accurate. Don't let people oversell you spelled items, because believe it or not that non genuine nostromo napalmer with spectral flames is not worth 15 keys. It's worth 2 keys and 3 refined. In the end, your best bet is to browse market trends for items, but I hope this guide helps just a little.

- Lockbot -

As an unusual trader, I disagree on the value of spells. Majority of the traders don't recognize spells, due to the market pricing for them being more or less tethered to their suggestion. Eg. a 1/1 priced hat with spells won't be worth more. If it was a desirable footprints spell on one out of many, maybe a key or two more max.

4 hours ago, Lockbot said:

Spell values:

- Lockbot -

Since I also have some expierence in spell trading, i'm gonna try to correct you on what I think is wrong:

- Nobody really notices the difference between VFB and single class voice spells, they're worth equal. They're definitely not worth 1 key (nowhere near, actually).

- Spectrum is also very demanded, due to the team color.

- Exorcism is worth nowhere near 1 key alone, unless it's a rare item. It usually adds a few ref at the most.

- On Sticky/Grenade Launcher/Wrench, P. Bombs is worth ~half a key, however on RL it's around 1 key in the most cases.

- Nobody cares about spells on unusuals. Most spell traders i've met say that spells don't add on unusuals (UNLESS the hat is really rare, but you mention that in the next point). They definitely DO NOT quadruple. This is just plain wrong.

Also you forgot to mention, that having 2 spells on an item adds value. A dual spelled RL will cost 2-3 keys, for example.

Archived