Possible new way of hijacking

lucak

So 30 minutes ago I got a comment from someone I didn't knew on steam profile with a link to dropbox like this www.dropbox.com/s*************/screenshots.rar and saying "what do you say about this screenshots" or something like that and I clicked the link cause I thought it was something wrong I did and was about to download wen I noticed it was too suspicious and pasted the link on google.

The results were many steam profiles with that link in the comments.

So now I'm here to tell everyone about this because it looks a really new way of hijacking links

So 30 minutes ago I got a comment from someone I didn't knew on steam profile with a link to dropbox like this www.dropbox.com/s*************/screenshots.rar and saying "what do you say about this screenshots" or something like that and I clicked the link cause I thought it was something wrong I did and was about to download wen I noticed it was too suspicious and pasted the link on google.

The results were many steam profiles with that link in the comments.

So now I'm here to tell everyone about this because it looks a really new way of hijacking links

You seriously shouldn't ever open or download something from someone you don't know.... 

If a screenshot is uploaded anywhere other than: 

tinypic, imgur, or photobucket just tell them to re-upload it if they actually want you to see it. 

You seriously shouldn't ever open or download something from someone you don't know.... 

tinypic, imgur, or photobucket just tell them to re-upload it if they actually want you to see it. 

http://prntscr.com/ is also safe as well, just a screenshot tool (super handy, I love it)

don't click link from random people.....................

especialy on your profile comments or from random ads, your friends you probably can trust but random people you can't.

don't click link from random people.....................

especialy on your profile comments or from random ads, your friends you probably can trust but random people you can't.

even your friends you shouldn't trust because they could be hijacked. Just check all links. If you don't recognize the site then either: 1) don't fucking click it, or 2) search the website on google and see if the site is legit. 

even your friends you shouldn't trust because they could be hijacked. Just check all links. If you don't recognize the site then either: 1) don't fucking click it, or 2) search the website on google and see if the site is legit. 

Well mostly just common sense really, but this should help to.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/block-misspelled-websites/hkeedolkcnamlgiodhcaielanmffhlil

chrome extension to block misspelled sites.

Well I was just trying to inform you, I never seen this way before and also, only a retard would fall for a steamnmcomunity.com right? thats why tons of people fall for that every day. also this is dropbox its a known website so thats why I tryed it to see  what it was.

Well I was just trying to inform you, I never seen this way before and also, only a retard would fall for a steamnmcomunity.com right? thats why tons of people fall for that every day. also this is dropbox its a known website so thats why I tryed it to see  what it was.

If never thought about phishers actually posting links on my profile though, hope it does't become a trend if so i might disable public comments on my profile.

gyazo is a safe one as well.

I've had one before where the site url looked reasonably legit, but on opening it in Chrome it asked me if it was okay to run java and i was like, noooooooooooooooope. Checked it out, apparently it was straight up malware.

It looks like his account has already been disabled by Valve. I personally would never download a .rar file from any random person giving me a link. This is an old school phishing tactic since most sites with whitelists won't block Dropbox as it is a legitimate site. I'll also email my contact who works for Dropbox and see if we can get this clown's box shutdown too.

People already fell for it http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tf2outpost/discussions/3/648817378263246126/?tscn=1390728351

Also.

I made this thread to WARN people and you guys respond me as if I was dumb enought to click that.

Aparently it cna happen to anyone so again I will leave this here so people know about this way of hijacking.

Not to be mean, but if you're stupid enough to download something from someone you don't know, then you kind of deserve it.

Not to be mean, but if you're stupid enough to download something from someone you don't know, then you kind of deserve it.

But what if there's pictures of Emma? You won't know until you download it.

Archived