Do halloween spells drop anymore?

Horsestepping

No. They can no longer be dropped or traded sadly, but some people have managed to find old accounts/alts with them and they will trade the person the cosmetic and they will apply it than buy it off of them. However I don't believe anyone has an alt with spells anymore. Most of the existing ones are in inactive accounts.

48 minutes ago, Horsestepping said:

I see new(ish) items with them attached but I don't see how you can possibly obtain them now.

I am guessing Gun Mettle, Invasion, and Gargoyle items? It was still possible to apply spells all the way up to the Tough Break update so there are some items from those updates with spells applied (though the spells used on those items were obtained in 2014 or earlier).

13 minutes ago, Tasty Salamanders said:

I am guessing Gun Mettle, Invasion, and Gargoyle items? It was still possible to apply spells all the way up to the Tough Break update so there are some items from those updates with spells applied (though the spells used on those items were obtained in 2014 or earlier).

yea ive only seen/owned up to spelled invasion 

48 minutes ago, Happysedits said:

Everyone has hopes for them to come back every year but it never happens, maybe 2018

And this year would've been perfect for them too, what with the release of the new case bonus system. Would it really have been so hard for Valve to have just added spells to the Case Global Bonus Drop list just for Scream Fortress?

2 hours ago, Relic said:

No. They can no longer be dropped or traded sadly, but some people have managed to find old accounts/alts with them and they will trade the person the cosmetic and they will apply it than buy it off of them. However I don't believe anyone has an alt with spells anymore. Most of the existing ones are in inactive accounts.

Pretty sure they made all those spells untradable last year, so those spells are locked and that method of getting around spell expiration got patched.

5 hours ago, TheWiz said:

Pretty sure they made all those spells untradable last year, so those spells are locked and that method of getting around spell expiration got patched.

Actually it was 2015, we're getting close to 2 years without any new spelled items now.

Archived