Outpost Premuim

Vince

well its been 5ish months since the change.

what do you guys think now?

I just paid another $15 for another 3 months. I think its worth it

I was about to start a topic asking this, but can you explain how its worth it? I know that it auto bumps and gives a green tag to your name but what else does it give/benefit me from it? I am curious since I trade a lot and Outpost is one of my main tools.

I was about to start a topic asking this, but can you explain how its worth it? I know that it auto bumps and gives a green tag to your name but what else does it give/benefit me from it? I am curious since I trade a lot and Outpost is one of my main tools.

24/7 bumping. I can spend time away from the computer and still trade 100+ buds in hats

24/7 bumping. I can spend time away from the computer and still trade 100+ buds in hats

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. This really doesn't help if you aren't at least at your computer to accept the trade. Know what I mean?

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. This really doesn't help if you aren't at least at your computer to accept the trade. Know what I mean?

most the time people will wait. I've never had that issue

• Administrators

Not sure how you can trade if you are away from computer until or unless you have a bot, then again bots acts up sometimes and when you are not around...Lots of complain and loss of customers. Also, it just takes up space, I don't see how its useful to have autobump on if you are not going to be around Outpost or your Computer at all.

Not sure how you can trade if you are away from computer until or unless you have a bot, then again bots acts up sometimes and when you are not around...Lots of complain and loss of customers. Also, it just takes up space, I don't see how its useful to have autobump on if you are not going to be around Outpost or your Computer at all.

This is what I was wondering as well, if I am not at my computer what is the point or the benefit of 24/7 bumping? Most of the time traders would have retracted or bought the item they are after in the timespan of say 10 minutes to 1 hour so that is somewhat negated. Another question, how many extra trades does on gain in the premium?

More trades

Although when I'm buying something I never go to donor trades because they might be offline (autobump) so when I deal with non-unusual items I always choose normal user trades over donor trades.

And has premium ran out for any donors yet?

More trades

Although when I'm buying something I never go to donor trades because they might be offline (autobump) so when I deal with non-unusual items I always choose normal user trades over donor trades.

And has premium ran out for any donors yet?

i think if you're using outpost for selling a ton of normal items, premium isn't worth it as much

but for unusual sellers, its extremely useful, since you get 24/7 bumping, and unusual traders are more patient, so you usually shouldn't miss out on deals

• Administrators

This is what I was wondering as well, if I am not at my computer what is the point or the benefit of 24/7 bumping? Most of the time traders would have retracted or bought the item they are after in the timespan of say 10 minutes to 1 hour so that is somewhat negated. Another question, how many extra trades does on gain in the premium?

https://www.tf2outpost.com/premium

Says 25 extra trades.

i think if you're using outpost for selling a ton of normal items, premium isn't worth it as much

but for unusual sellers, its extremely useful, since you get 24/7 bumping, and unusual traders are more patient, so you usually shouldn't miss out on deals

I agree with you almost completely. There is little to any use of premium if you are trading normal items but premium only comes in handy if you are selling the following:

Killsteak kits

Collectors item

Collectors Chem.Set

Unusuals

Basically, rare items that are hard to sell.

~~

Just my 2cents...I think for a trading site, Outpost is being a bit too greedy with premium. $5 per month is a bit too much with little to any useful perks.

Just my 2cents...I think for a trading site, Outpost is being a bit too greedy with premium. $5 per month is a bit too much with little to any useful perks.

$5 is totally worth it if you're an unusual trader, since $5 is nothing for a high-end trader.

But if you're just starting out or have less than 3 unusuals it's probably not worth it.

Smart phone anyone?

I think the logic here is wrong. Unusuals are fine without premium, when they search for hat they will get you even with no recent bump. I have a friend that doesnt have any form of premium and bumps from his phone. With the trade offer link there us no real difference. This past smissmiss we both were offering 2 rec for any festive weapon at the same time. I ghost ot like 8 and he hot around 30.

He only regrets not having more trades. He also reports decent traffic at bazaar because he posts different items there then op. When mine runs out I will use bazaar morec than i do now.

You can't trade on your phone, and trade offers doesn't work on mine.

You tell them to send you trade offers.

You tell them to send you trade offers.

Ok, since this post I logged into trade offers and accepted a trade offer of a spec rescue ranger. I am typing this now on my phone so itwas a fast browser tab add.

Ok, since this post I logged into trade offers and accepted a trade offer of a spec rescue ranger. I am typing this now on my phone so itwas a fast browser tab add.

Just look at how I do my Outpost trades.

More offers over time on stuff like unusuals, imo helps a lot here. Also, dont have to bother bumping trades, especially when you're playing games like me xD 

-4 posts-

Use the god damn edit button, I just merged your 4 posts into one. >_>

And I accept trade offers all the time from my phone, if you have good w-lan connection you can use the ice client to trade.

Smart phone anyone?

OH. Well that makes sense then as it would work for most people. I'm not allowed to have my phone in the office at work (Long story, but basically has to do with security) so it still wouldn't help me, but I can now see the appeal.

• Administrators

I think the logic here is wrong. Unusuals are fine without premium, when they search for hat they will get you even with no recent bump. I have a friend that doesnt have any form of premium and bumps from his phone. With the trade offer link there us no real difference. This past smissmiss we both were offering 2 rec for any festive weapon at the same time. I ghost ot like 8 and he hot around 30.

He only regrets not having more trades. He also reports decent traffic at bazaar because he posts different items there then op. When mine runs out I will use bazaar morec than i do now.

I would have to agree with you there. Having Premium does not mean huge benefit, you can still do some sell some shits without having it.   :ph34r:

$5 is totally worth it if you're an unusual trader, since $5 is nothing for a high-end trader.

But if you're just starting out or have less than 3 unusuals it's probably not worth it.

I would rather pay $5 to host a website where I can make more money by keeping my website online and working at all times than pay on a trading site for not much perks and waste it without knowing if I would be able to trade for the whole month or not. Again, I will say $5 per month is way too much money for a trading site. I like how the old Outpost was, $3 for this $5 for more perks+lifetime priority $10 for huge perks.  

Archived