Just wondering on backpack.tf unusual checker

Almighty

How does the system even know if an unusual is unboxed or gifted etc? I checked my backpack and it says that my unusual was gifted but I just unboxed it yesterday..

this happens to all unboxes. My unboxed unusual always had the gifted tag. Its a mistake bp.tf always does. No idea why but thats just how it is

The "Gifted" origin applies to any item that comes from "opening" an item that doesn't require a key to open. This includes items from Secret Saxtons, the untradeable items you get from Gift-Stuffed Stockings every Smissmass, the old Antique Halloween Goodie Cauldrons and Halloween Gift Cauldrons, any Voodoo-Cursed Souls obtained from the Pile of Curses, anything from the current Halloween Packages you get from completing contracts, probably some other limited-time items I've forgotten, and any items unboxed from any sort of keyless crate or case. Unless I've made a mistake, you must have gotten your unusual from an unlocked multi-class cosmetic crate.

Fun fact: an item that was previously gift-wrapped or giftapulted will have the removable "gifted by" tag but not the Origin: Gifted.

Archived