BP SUGGESTIONS ARE BAD

lolcakes1234567

OK--this is a commentary on the state of this site at the moment. I've been using this site forever, and I'm starting to notice that every few minutes, there's another suggestion that is based on someone's opinion, or is blank, or is a blatant attempt to up someone's bp value. It's great for free rep, but it's clogging up the suggestion list, and wasting the time of the mods that work hard on this site.

I've already put this in the forums, with almost no attention to it. So, I'm putting it here, where everyone will see it. 

What should be done? Well, a suggestion is very easy to make, as this proves. 

1) The rules are hidden unless you deliberately click 'Show Rules'. I think the rules should be shown at the top, in bold. Nothing is more important than the rules. Right?

2) There should be some link detection. Generally, proof is in the form of links, whether they're outpost, or imgur. But either way, links tend to be 'required' for a suggestion to pass. I think it should be impossible to make a suggestion without any links.

3) Some of the 'no proof' suggestions are not deliberate, they're from people that are new. To fix this part, there should be some sort of instructions at the top, also in bold. They could explain the economy. Why? I was talking to someone in a comment thread, and they honestly believed that opinions run the TF2 economy. So I think that a small text box explaining that:

1) Supply and Demand is the basis of all prices, and the best way to represent that is something like outpost

2) buyouts are not examples of proof unless people are paying them 

3) one trade can be an outlier, not necessarily proof

...would be extremely helpful and teach a lot of people how this site and essentially how the TF2 economy works.

Now, I've used the phrase 'I think' three times now. This is all my opinion, because this isn't a price suggestion, it's a suggestion to improve the site. I want to hear your opinions, what you think of the site, and if you have any improvements to what I've said or any other ideas to minimize the amount of inaccurate suggestions that are submitted hourly.

Thanks in advance, love this site, happy trading, have a nice day. <3

You want to help the site? But you haven't checked the other suggestion ( which have most of yours already covered) so really, your wasting admins time by checking this, and wasting admins time for having to close your price suggestion which might get you banned for 'trolling'. Fair play.

You have also put this under General Discussion, I would put it under suggestions...

I think that it's sooooo worth this much guyz. JAR PEE IZ GUD DEEL
---GUYS LEAVE A COMMENT DON'T JUST VOTE---
OK--this suggestion is a commentary on the state of this site at the moment. I've been using this site forever, and I'm starting to notice that every few minutes, there's another suggestion that is based on someone's opinion, or is blank, or is a blatant attempt to up someone's bp value. It's great for free rep, but it's clogging up the suggestion list, and wasting the time of the mods that work hard on this site.
I've already put this in the forums, with almost no attention to it. So, I'm putting it here, where everyone will see it. 

What should be done? Well, a suggestion is very easy to make, as this proves. 
1) The rules are hidden unless you deliberately click 'Show Rules'. I think the rules should be shown at the top, in bold. Nothing is more important than the rules. Right?
2) There should be some link detection. Generally, proof is in the form of links, whether they're outpost, or imgur. But either way, links tend to be 'required' for a suggestion to pass. I think it should be impossible to make a suggestion without any links.
3) Some of the 'no proof' suggestions are not deliberate, they're from people that are new. To fix this part, there should be some sort of instructions at the top, also in bold. They could explain the economy. Why? I was talking to someone in a comment thread, and they honestly believed that opinions run the TF2 economy. So I think that a small text box explaining that:
1) Supply and Demand is the basis of all prices, and the best way to represent that is something like outpost
2) buyouts are not examples of proof unless people are paying them 
3) one trade can be an outlier, not necessarily proof
...would be extremely helpful and teach a lot of people how this site and essentially how the TF2 economy works.

Now, I've used the phrase 'I think' three times now. This is all my opinion, because this isn't a price suggestion, it's a suggestion to improve the site. I want to hear your opinions, what you think of the site, and if you have any improvements to what I've said or any other ideas to minimize the amount of inaccurate suggestions that are submitted hourly.

Thanks in advance, love this site, happy trading, have a nice day. <3

I think Rules shown somewhere noticable on the page yet not take up space would be nice. There used to be link detection(ish), never worked. Google.com posts abound.

You want to help the site? But you haven't checked the other suggestion ( which have most of yours already covered) so really, your wasting admins time by checking this, and wasting admins time for having to close your price suggestion which might get you banned for 'trolling'. Fair play.

yes, he obviously can't find A PINNED POST ABOUT NOT USING SUGGESTIONS AS TESTS AND OTHER SH#T

yes, he obviously can't find A PINNED POST ABOUT NOT USING SUGGESTIONS AS TESTS AND OTHER SH#T

JKDSNIPAFDKNA,SLNDFIASLKDJFCM 

You have also put this under General Discussion, I would put it under suggestions...

OK, I'll do that too.

I feel like that's a bad idea...not sure why...

You're smarter than you first come out to be. :P

Archived