New "Glitched" strange unusual weapons explained

GenericWhiteHairedAnimeGuy

Recently I unboxed an unusual war paint, and applied a strange stat clock to it before the update. However, I did not redeem it until after the update, leaving me with a strange mercenary grade war paint that was "Technically" glitched. I'd like to clear up a bit of confusion regarding these "Glitched" paints and items

The biggest thing to note is that if you have an unusual war paint with a strange stat clock, it WILL redeem for a strange unusual weapon. There has been a huge misconception about whether or not this worked because initially you had to apply 2 stat clocks, so it took quite a bit to get over myself and redeem it. 

(See attached for proof)

I even went as far to ask steam support about this, but of course being the impatient me used it before I got a reply. Their reply ended up confirming what I had already concluded

(Also see attached)

The second thing I would like to clear up is that it is possible to view the difference between former strange civilian paints and those that were simply a really lucky mercenary grade unbox. This is only possible however if you have redeemed the weapon from a war paint, so you can't tell if it's just the warpaint.

Those that were formally civilian grade will still show a white outline instead of the regular orange outline you would expect on a strange item. This appears under 3 circumstances (That I know of). 1. When viewed in the "Item selection" part of your inventory (AKA when you go edit your loadout for whatever class/slot you applied it to. 2. When displayed on an item or for sale showcase or 3. When being sold in the community market (if placed around other nonglitched items you can see the difference as they will be orange and it will be white).

(An example of number 2 attached)

Now I have no idea what value these will be placed at. The warpaints themselves can't be determined as to whether they are glitched or not, only the items. I'm not sure if this will have an impact on the price or not, but regardless it should be interesting to watch. I hope this short guide helps anyone who is looking to buy or sell

20171028103217_1.jpg

Steam.PNG

item.PNG

this makes me even more angry at the fact they changed these. unboxed one and didnt know you could apply the statclock directly to the skin, only to get screwed out of it more. at least it clears it up but damn valve, thats a hella dick move

Archived