What was your first hat drop.

Dibz

Well, an hour ago i found a helmet without a home... That's my 6th hat drop since i started "playing" tf2 again. The responses have become really different now, its meeh.. 

I remember when you had to wait weeeks before you had the opportunity to craft a hat (No trade system). 

My first hat drop was a respectless rubber glove (still no trade sysstem) and when i found that, everyone in the server was like 'OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOHOHOHOHOOOOOOO OMGGOMGOGMGOGMOGMGO' compared to now where its like 'nice'

I wanna know what your first hat drop was AND the response (if any) you got from the server.

And if you remember, what was your first ever hat craft

Mine was the blokes bucket helm from 3 ref.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Sargent Drill Hat,I still have it :3.

When did you find yours? My rubber glove managed to go vintage... but i think i sold that off for like 2 ref or something...

Well, i got my first nice drop a long time ago, on a Saigns.de server (sorry), it was a Salvaged crate #40 and everyone started to send me a trade-invite, some dude offered me a few stranges and back then i didn't know much about the economy so i thought i would take it. But since i got so many trade-requests i decided to not take it, i later went to a trade-server to get it pricechecked and they said it was over 7 keys. I've also got a #50 and #60 :P

I've got many hat drops and i can't remember when i got my first one, but i'm pretty sure it was a Fez back when they were 3-3.33 ref.

Sheesh, I dont even remember. The first hat I ever got was a Rimmed Raincatcher but I got it from a box. I think my first hat drop was a stainless pot

Sheesh, I dont even remember. The first hat I ever got was a Rimmed Raincatcher but I got it from a box. I think my first hat drop was a stainless pot

I have always loved the stainless pot.. was upset i had never found one... But since my first hat drop, i have always had respect for the rubber glove. :P

I have always loved the stainless pot.. was upset i had never found one... But since my first hat drop, i have always had respect for the rubber glove. :P

Actually the Stainless pot was my first craft,is untradeable so is gonna life whit me forevah :D.

I've actually been relatively lucky in hats/miscs. 

First misc I had drop was a toss-proof towel back when they were about 2.33 ref. Most of the server stopped to say "Wow, sweet find!" They were honestly more excited about it than I; as I never play Pootis. 

Went on a dry spell for a few months before I got a U-Clank-a and a Stahlhelm in the same day. A month to the day after that I got a Crocodile smile, and the day after that I got a Baker Boy. Overall I've had something like 8 or 9 hat drops. I know there are others I am forgetting. I always tend to go on streaks. I'll get more than one and then nothing for weeks.

Kinda sucks though; I've never had a chem set drop, or a salvaged strange.

First had I ever crafted was a rubber glove, I used to spend a lot on craft hats because I really wanted to get an Archimedes. Finally happened after a couple months; I still have it and it's now my Strange one. I also craft Team Captains pretty often. When the Gold Star ones went craftable I managed to craft 3 low craft #'s under 50. One of them was a #42 which I got 10 keys of items for. (Poor guy didn't know the 42 collectors don't really exist.)

I haven't actually even played tf2 since November; if I log on I'll probably get some more hats.

http://www.tf2outpost.com/item/440,1908218913,30082,6

^my first hat drop ever (sometime in last september, I've started playing the game during feb 2012 lel), nobody gave a shit in the server I was ;~;

http://www.tf2outpost.com/item/440,1530714900,942,6

my first craft ever ( buyer erased my name from it ;~ ; ) - crafted with a trophy belt and a gen. chief constable, sold for ~4 keys in items

First hat drop was a Madame Dixie that I got in a Special Delivery server.

First hat craft was a Shooter's Sola Topi for the Sniper. Don't remember how I got it though, pretty sure it was the rebuild recipe.

Wow... it took me about 800-ish hours I think. I found a rebel rouser. That's the only hat drop I've ever gotten in my 1,150 hours... Although I did find a nice high five taunt at about 1,000 hours, which I quickly sold for a key since I already had the taunt.

My first hat drop was a nice balloonicorn. People were sending me so many trades that day. I ended leaving the server after five people offered around 2keys for it (Btw the balloonicorn was really cheap) so I just left the server hoping they would actually pricecheck the misc. When I returned there were more people who heard about the Balloonicorn, I ended up leaving the server and temp putting it on my blacklist. :c

Although my first craft. Well that would be my nice BloodBanker

2nd Craft: Team Captain (This was about a few weeks later)

Third Craft: I think it was a craft #69 or lvl69 Respectless Robo-Glove.

Idk.

Let's just say people were stupid back then :3

My first hat drop was a nice balloonicorn. People were sending me so many trades that day. I ended leaving the server after five people offered around 2keys for it (Btw the balloonicorn was really cheap) so I just left the server hoping they would actually pricecheck the misc. When I returned there were more people who heard about the Balloonicorn, I ended up leaving the server and temp putting it on my blacklist. :c

Why not just sell it for 2 keys, and then buy another balloonicorn, and keep the profit?

Third Craft: I think it was a craft #69 or lvl69 Respectless Robo-Glove.

level 69 (not #, neither of the gloves have #s), and it must've been a rubber glove - robo gloves can't be crafted

Archived