{MEGA THREAD} iPhone 8, 8+, X, Apple Watch 3, 4k TV Discussion thread

JayTuut

So with these 3 being announced today, comment your thoughts!

I think the watch is a massive upgrade, even though it might not seem much, its 70% faster, 85% more power efficient, you can have up to 40 million songs on it, u can talk to siri, now take calls on it, better water proofing, better chip and etc. You no longer need an iphone to go with it, you can just wear the watch and go out and be good

The iPhone X (pronounced 10) is pretty amazing too, it scores an amazing geekbench score and looks beautiful and all the gestures will be fun, the new OLED display and better cameras (and camera app) it'll be nice to use if I ever get one..... though the price is pretty.... wow, especially here in Aus. The face ID will be fun and make life a lot easier too.

The iPhone 8 and 8+ are really just 7s and 7s+ tbh, so not much to say on that.... they'll have wireless charging like the X too tho and glass back.

Edit: Forgot about the TV, the TV is just... an apple TV that needed an upgrade, kinda overdue on the 4K bit, and also being a HDR . Not sure if it'll compete with an xbox one/ps4 tho.

Prices:

iPhone X: (Only 2 sizes)

64gb - $1000 USD

256 gb - $1,149 USD

iPhone 8:

64gb - $700

256gb - $849

iPhone 8 Plus:

64gb - $800

256gb - $949

Apple TV:

32gb - $179

64gb - 199

Apple Watch Series 3:

NO cellular and GPS - $329

WITH cellular and GPS (ALUMINIUM) - $400

WITH Cellular and GPS (STAINLESS STEEL) - $600

Also if u want a cool loop - $749 (Milanese)

Good video if u want to learn everything about the new products in a small video, not too much in depth

NO ONE FUCKING QUOTE OR MENTION ME IN THIS THREAD. 

I promised myself I wasn't going to go into any Apple threads, but since yours was the only post in this thread, I didn't expect it to be a shitfest. This however will be my only post in this thread and the only time I even open the thread. 

I'm both really excited and really disappointed with the iPhone X. I'm excited because I've been waiting for Apple to finally shrink the bezels on the iPhone, and they finally did that and they also switched off the 6 design, which I was never a huge fan of -- the 5/5s is still my personal favorite. I also would really like the dual rear cameras (although they were on the 7+ too), and wireless charging is a nice to have although not something I particularly care about, then of course there is the general incremental upgrades -- cpu/gpu/bluetooth/etc... And yes, I know, there are Android phones with very small bezels (e.g. S8) and tons of phones with much smaller bezels than the iPhone, but I still vastly prefer iOS for a variety of reasons. 

On the other hand, I'm really disappointed with the price points. So they raised the price of the 8/8+ (relative to previous models -- although, granted for the extra $20/$30 you go from a 32gb 7/7+ to a 64gb 8/8+, and the 8+ 256gb models is $20 cheaper). Then they also added an additional tier (the iPhone X) and positioned it at $1000/$1150 rather than just pricing it at the 8+ price point (I was expecting the base model to come around $900-$950), and THEN, to make things worse, the base model is only 64gb (I was expecting 128gb). So I was expecting $900-$950 for a 128gb iPhone X and got a $1000 64gb iPhone X. I'm also disappointed they weren't able to get TouchID embedded into the display (something I've wanted since the 5s), although I didn't expect that since rumors were pointing to that not being a possibility more than six months ago.

Anyway, there's my bit of rant for the day. I'll still more than likely end up getting the 64gb iPhone X, but I'm still annoyed that it's less than I was expecting.  

1 hour ago, AwesomeMcCoolName said:

And yes, I know, there are Android phones with very small bezels (e.g. S8) and tons of phones with much smaller bezels than the iPhone, but I still vastly prefer iOS for a variety of reasons. 

I'm also disappointed they weren't able to get TouchID embedded into the display (something I've wanted since the 5s), although I didn't expect that since rumors were pointing to that not being a possibility more than six months ago.

You told me not to quote, but I wanted to discuss with you, when you say don't quote i think u mean for flame. This is not flame :C

I really want a new phone (I have a 5s with a battery problem, and i know u love 5s's :P) and I'm probably going to get the OnePlus 5.

It's really hard cause I love android, and it'll be annoying probably to get my photos on the oneplus, with different screen sizes and different software, also oneplus doesnt have expandable storage, but i probs wont use the whole 128gb.

They couldn't get TouchID in time for the release, and people would be mad if they delayed it, possibly next year though. I like the airpods and watch and phone all charging at once on the pad (coming early next year from apple) though.

I really want to stay with iOS, but the oneplus is just a perfect mid tier phone (i'm poor and someone else is paying $450 out of the $700 (AUD)). I could get an hand-me-down iphone 6 but :/ The oneplus features and specs and camera are too good to go up on, I've compared the oneplus 5 with other phones around the price, and also against the 5s and 6 and it seems just so much better.

I mean if i could have any phone, it'd be the new iPhone X, but I just can't afford it and moving away from iOS which i've used my whole life is gonna be hard :/

hey look its a thread were people are going to waste cash on a braindead phone when they can get a better phone called.... Android 

Android master race Boys and Girls, but seriously though give it a year or 2 and those things are dead

Edit: I guess I like the camera

On 13/09/2017 at 11:50 PM, MrDeepDarkmind said:

hey look its a thread were people are going to waste cash on a braindead phone when they can get a better phone called.... Android 

Android master race Boys and Girls, but seriously though give it a year or 2 and those things are dead

Edit: I guess I like the camera

Thats something apple does so well, with only 12 MP they make the camera so good.

Like theres 21mp and 23 mp android phones that dont look nearly as good at apples. They are really good at perfecting all their stuff.

On 14/09/2017 at 1:23 PM, Ayab said:

Dat FaceID fail though... am I right? :lol: 

Thats because other employees had been mucking around, picking it up, and since it had so many face unlock fails, it asked for his password. Just like you would normally have if u failed ur fingerprint so many times

I dont know why people make this such a big deal tbh

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2017 at 8:38 PM, ḎℰѦÐ! Boom said:

Thats because other employees had been mucking around, picking it up, and since it had so many face unlock fails, it asked for his password. Just like you would normally have if u failed ur fingerprint so many times

I dont know why people make this such a big deal tbh

It's a big deal because it's a showcase, the product should work as intended. Would you like it if a brand new phone you owned was faulty? Also, you can't just deny how ridiculous the prices are. However that's from my perspective, therefore just my opinion. You may be so rich that you don't think like that.

On 26/09/2017 at 2:01 PM, Vronkei said:

It's a big deal because it's a showcase, the product should work as intended. Would you like it if a brand new phone you owned was faulty? Also, you can't just deny how ridiculous the prices are. However that's from my perspective, therefore just my opinion. You may be so rich that you don't think like that.

3 things

1) I never agreed to the ridiculous price

2) It worked exactly as intended... its supposed to lock after fails.....

3) You can blame samsung for the price, they made the screens a lot more expensive then normal

Fantastic and amazing phones. I'd probably pick up an iPhone 8 at a later time. The iPhone X is also great but it's price tag is a bit high in comparison to what you get. With the iPhone 8 I feel like it's definitely worth it. I watched the whole Apple Event and the reason the faceID failed is because other employees used the demo phone as well which is high likely the reason it messed up. In other test videos and demo's the faceID works perfectly fine. 

On 02/10/2017 at 4:04 PM, Erik said:

Fantastic and amazing phones. I'd probably pick up an iPhone 8 at a later time. The iPhone X is also great but it's price tag is a bit high in comparison to what you get. With the iPhone 8 I feel like it's definitely worth it. I watched the whole Apple Event and the reason the faceID failed is because other employees used the demo phone as well which is high likely the reason it messed up. In other test videos and demo's the faceID works perfectly fine. 

Yeah i explained the faceid thing.

I want an iphone 8 (preferably plus) but its kinda outta my price range... which sucks because ill probably have to move to android (oneplus 5) instead, kinda wanna stay with ios tho.. but like the others (lower then 8) arent really worth it compared to oneplus  :/

Archived