TF2 name changing hacker...how to kick?

✗War Goat ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

i am on a server with admins but they cant kick him?  i have their original name and profile up so what if i do this

/kick originam name?

will that work? or do i need to do other stuff?

You can have the person they are currently named as to change names so they can kick the hacker.

Although you'd have to be quick or else they'd change names again.

Someone should just create a plugin that announces (in the chat text for copy-past friendliness) the Steam ID of anyone who changes names twice within five minutes. Perhaps even do it for any name change.

"128934809128709 has changed name to..."

If Pink Taco can announce the cities in which all of his server's guests reside then surely it's possible to do this with Steam IDs (which can already be accessed by everyone anyway).

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1508861 (if you use sourcemod)

or

Do what others have said and use the console to list the current players + Steam IDs.  Note the Steam IDs of both users with the same name, wait for it to change, and then compare it to the new 2 users with the same name.  The one Steam ID in common is the hacker, and you can use the Steam ID to ban them in the console.

a third option found on steam forums

Another option could be to go spectator, spectate the cheater and then execute "sm_ban @aim 0" to permanently ban the cheater.

Their should be plugin made that prevents you to change names while on server, no idea if such thing is possible or been done already, anyway you can also kick by steamid i believe.

Archived