Price of item displayed as subtext when searched for In Google

Vinzi

Hello,

This might or may not be a requested feature, irrespective I am going to leave my suggestion here. When I started backpac.tf I searched for item price in google and opened a backpack.tf page for that item in order to know the price of the item. 

Instead I propose that the devs make it in such a way that the price of the item displayed within google itself. For example(check screenshots) I checked the price for bills hat in google, instead of displaying the recent price change comments(in the image you see "Zephenias greed..." ) replaced by the price of the item. 

It allows users to find the price faster and on server side, reduce the load(or something like that) 

I hope to see this feature in the future of backpack.tf

good day everyone.

Screenshot_2017-09-06-14-24-52.png

• Administrators

On second thoughts I had a second thought. The problem with doing this is that Google cache is not necessarily up-to-date and we run the risk of displaying out-of-date values if a price change happens. But I'm going to update the meta descriptions anyway for SEO purposes.

Is it possible for you to add a bot that updates the meta description, a sort of a script running on the server, irrespective even if the price is wrong, he/she will have to go to the website to find sellers right? , this might get them the accurate price. Albeit price changes for unique hats doesnt change frequently.

1 hour ago, Vinzi said:

Is it possible for you to add a bot that updates the meta description, a sort of a script running on the server, irrespective even if the price is wrong, he/she will have to go to the website to find sellers right? , this might get them the accurate price. Albeit price changes for unique hats doesnt change frequently.

The problem is that google doesn't update their website caches frequently, it doesn't read the website pages live when you do searches, it caches website data so searches are faster

8 minutes ago, Axle Change said:

The problem is that google doesn't update their website caches frequently, it doesn't read the website pages live when you do searches, it caches website data so searches are faster

Assuming that this website waits for google to crawl(cache) this website,

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6065812?hl=en

tl;dr fetch as googlebot,

although I do see your point as it takes some days to update the indexed material.

Archived