What determines a buy/sell listing is reasonable

eXuberant

I ask this question, after seeing a ton of extremely low buy orders on like 6000 unusuals  going as low as 80 % off on high tiers. 

At this point i've got to ask is it okay to make listings that would be considered a shark if they say me do such a trade with an unboxer ? Imagine if i added an unboxer of a GOD Tier Unusual like Scorching Flames Snowmann  which was sold for 1900 previously and offered him  lets say 390 keys which is like 20 % of its estimated value. what would i be a sharker or legit trader ? Would the price moderators allow such a price suggestion to pass ? but if i made 6000 buy listings with most of them being low balls ( in modest wordings) is that reasonable ? 

That's how buy orders work - Seller agrees to the price knowing the value of the hat. If he saw the buy order then he saw the suggested value too. Even if the user isn't a trader then I'd say that the buyer is just taking advantage of it, not sharking.

Someone here hates SexySparta

37 minutes ago, Piterek said:

That's how buy orders work - Seller agrees to the price knowing the value of the hat. If he saw the buy order then he saw the suggested value too. Even if the user isn't a trader then I'd say that the buyer is just taking advantage of it, not sharking.

Reveal hidden contents

Someone here hates SexySparta

I never really understood how this doesn't violate the "reasonableness" rule though. You can literally get more out of scrap.tf

4 hours ago, Axle Change said:

I never really understood how this doesn't violate the "reasonableness" rule though. You can literally get more out of scrap.tf

Scrap.tf doesn't buy high tiers.

In sharking there needs to be some sort of manipulation and taking advantage of that user.

Its the same way on the steam market. If I have a buy order for 50 dollars on an rare unusual that could potentially sell for 1000+ dollars and i get one for 50 dollars.

That doesn't make me a shark.

Also personally if a user knows enough about backpack.tf to know how a buy order works I'm sure he knows the value of his own hat if that specific hat is priced.

Archived