I've Got My Own Impersonator

E-Arkham

It's a little strange for someone to impersonate a mapper, but I've got one.  Here's the impersonator:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/eiarkham

[Edit] He's already changed it:  http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198283033238

And then here is mine:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/earkham/

Maybe it's because I have a really huge haunted ghosts & isotope collection, I dunno.  I don't really trade anymore and it'd be VERY rare and unusual for me to add someone looking to get a ghosts these days, and I'd NEVER add someone looking to sell them a ghosts or isotope (they're never going to be for sale).

Anyway, I've reported the impersonator's profile to Steam fwiw.  Is there any other action I should take to let people know to watch out?

Thanks

Yeah, I forgot about SteamRep.   Good idea.   Do I need any proof aside from the existance of the profile to report them there?

[Edit] Oh.  Looks like they're already banned on steam rep.

I have reported a few impersonators before and got them banned as well but I am not really sure if they will ban someone just for impersonation. Maybe if u can find proof that they have an intent to fraud impersonating as you maybe they will ban him. But it is worth a try to get him banned just for impersonating. Nobody impersonates to give items away they only impersonate to cheat others ;)

Yeah, I don't have any direct proof unfortunately.  If I did, I'd report him, but I don't really feel like going through the hassle of dealing with SteamRep and being denied and talked down to because I don't have evidence.  He's already banned for impersonation (it was someone else), so I'll just leave it at that.

Hopefully the banned tag will scare off anyone from getting scammed.

You can put [Not Trading] in your steam name.

That'll help if they try and link to your bp.tf rep or to your steam inventory. People would probably see that and then become skeptical.

I had an impersonator who used the opskins method, so I put (I don't use opskins) in my name, and he started impersonating someone else.

You could also try putting "Impersonated" in your name. Whenever I have an impersonator, that always scares them away.

On 8/30/2017 at 2:34 PM, E-Arkham said:

I don't really feel like going through the hassle of dealing with SteamRep and being denied and talked down to because I don't have evidence.

Sorry to derail, but do you have any concrete examples of being talked down to? I'm not asking to express doubt or discredit your claim, but I've been working with to try and improve our moderation on the SteamRep forums, and make us feel less intimidating. So some examples of where we need improvement would be helpful.

Archived