I have a crazy suggestion

MisterO

Stop letting fringe offers/sharks on TF2OP determine the prices. The sharks will always, ALWAYS buy for less than market price, and always, ALWAYS try to sell for more than market price. This is what they do. The reason the price suggestion system is so messed up is because people always use shark trades as evidence (maybe because legitimate trades don't stay around for long, shark trades are seemingly always open). If you lower the price, the sharks will just lower their price, if you raise the price, the sharks will just raise their price. It's a vicious cycle.

Key pricing is usually determined by buyer trades buying for more than/the higher end of the range right now so I don't see how they fall into the "shark buyers" thing you had going.

you do realize no suggestion is based solely on buyers....and buyouts don't matter....

There is a reason y prices are based on offers/sales with quickbuyers/outliers excluded...

also, quickbuyers=/=sharks.

Suggestions revolving around 'quicksell' buyer trades are often berated by the community and rarely pass. Similarily, suggestions using high prices that aren't consistently being met are widely disregarded.

Unless you have some specific examples you'd care to share, I'd argue backpack.tf's suggestions undergo heavier scrutiny than you seemingly believe they do.

I'd like you to be clear. Are you complaining about unusuals or keys? There are PLENTY of threads about keys, so let me know if I should close this or if it's about unusuals.

Unless you have some specific examples you'd care to share, I'd argue backpack.tf's suggestions undergo heavier scrutiny than you seemingly believe they do.

^

Well buyers always try to pay as less as possible and sellers will always try to sell for high as possible, no matter if they're "sharks", like you call them or just "normal" people. You're right, there are only a few buyers who buy for the actual price, but if we would take only these as evidence, we wouldn't be able to make a real suggestion, because there simply aren't so much "real" buyers.

In addition, as said before, actual offers on tarde posts are usually taken as proof as well.

Thanks for spamming every thread, you must be new.

Yet he has more posts then you. Huh?

Archived