Can someone explain how this item was duped in 2017?

Stealth121

Not duped in 2017, im guessing it was duped much earlier but the dupe was only traded in 2017. 

Pretty sad for the guy who bought the "clean" one tho only to wake up one day and find its a dupe :D

2 hours ago, Pampick said:

Can someone explain how these items was duped

https://backpack.tf/item/5215912609

https://backpack.tf/item/5209964408

I thibk the reason for these was the clusterfuck that was the item system when the Hween 2016 update came out. Item servers were down for a good amount of time so it could be from a mismatch with the item database?

5 minutes ago, Diamond jozu said:

this is why i prefer the old system of checking if its duped rather than this way

What's the old system?

2 hours ago, Pampick said:

Can someone explain how these items was duped

https://backpack.tf/item/5215912609

https://backpack.tf/item/5209964408

I doubt it's actually duped; more likely a glitch in the item histories since it's a one-time discrepancy of a few hours. I saw a similar thing happen with an old hat that was "duped" only once in 2012 right after backpack.tf started tracking histories with a discrepancy of only a few minutes. Not sure why this would happen so recently though...

There are no known bugs that allow item duplication, however, there are ways to still get items "duplicated." I wouldn't advise trying any of them unless you want to risk having your account (and all future accounts) permanently banned/locked. 

19 hours ago, MeFigaYoma said:

What's the old system?

I doubt it's actually duped; more likely a glitch in the item histories since it's a one-time discrepancy of a few hours. I saw a similar thing happen with an old hat that was "duped" only once in 2012 right after backpack.tf started tracking histories with a discrepancy of only a few minutes. Not sure why this would happen so recently though...

the old system was when you go into the history,there will be a big red sentence saying its duped rather than seeing the blue signs 

Just now, Diamond jozu said:

the old system was when you go into the history,there will be a big red sentence saying its duped rather than seeing the blue signs 

What? That was exactly the same, just with different colors:

59a3046d49b06_dupecomparison.thumb.png.e7b622e5022d8a5df8ffc9d355f72c47.png

(the image on the left was the first usable result from a google image search; the one on the right I screenshot 5 minutes ago)

I don't see how you could "prefer" the old system when nothing changed...

15 hours ago, MeFigaYoma said:

What? That was exactly the same, just with different colors:

59a3046d49b06_dupecomparison.thumb.png.e7b622e5022d8a5df8ffc9d355f72c47.png

(the image on the left was the first usable result from a google image search; the one on the right I screenshot 5 minutes ago)

I don't see how you could "prefer" the old system when nothing changed...

it would help noob traders if they dont know if its duped.(yes i have some friendss who didn't knew at all for duped items

I took a break from trading and did not realised that the duped colour had changed. So I bought an unusual thinking it was clean as I just briefly looked at the history for any red stuffs

3 hours ago, eggbot said:

I took a break from trading and did not realised that the duped colour had changed. So I bought an unusual thinking it was clean as I just briefly looked at the history for any red stuffs

And you didn't notice that half the item IDs were blue? Also there was an announcement about it.

Also how is this relevant to the thread?

5 hours ago, MeFigaYoma said:

And you didn't notice that half the item IDs were blue? Also there was an announcement about it.

Also how is this relevant to the thread?

My mindset was that red = bad so i didnt really care about the blues

I also missed the announcement 

maybe not that relevant but i wanna share yknow

1 minute ago, eggbot said:

My mindset was that red = bad so i didnt really care about the blues

I also missed the announcement 

maybe not that relevant but i wanna share yknow

Fair enough :)

Archived