Unpriced Hats or "I won't take your hat, it has no price on bp.tf"

CYBORG KHALIFAT

Starting a thread about unpriced unusuals. I'm not sure if you have the same problems, but more and more traders on outpost do not even consider unpriced hats. Literally every "year" there are more and more these hats as Valve releases new hats with new effects.

So how do you think do we have any chance to somehow fix backpack.tf for better unusual pricing? IMO whole backpack.tf thing is too rigid to react on all Valve's updates, especially with unusuals...

Thanks for reading and many thanks for your opinions. :)

Get users who sell their unusuals to place a price on the site. Many unusuals traders dont bother to get involved with suggestions or update the price of an unusual they sold or bought.

If you get them to care there wouldnt be many outdated unusual prices and it would be more accurate since they can say what really happened. 

People who reject unusuals because they dont have a bptf pric are users who arent very experience in price checking. And most of these un priced hats are the new hats/effects that traders dont want to deal with. They tend to be hard to sell hats and arent worth the risk. '

Get users who sell their unusuals to place a price on the site. Many unusuals traders dont bother to get involved with suggestions or update the price of an unusual they sold or bought.

If you get them to care there wouldnt be many outdated unusual prices and it would be more accurate since they can say what really happened. 

People who reject unusuals because they dont have a bptf pric are users who arent very experience in price checking. And most of these un priced hats are the new hats/effects that traders dont want to deal with. They tend to be hard to sell hats and arent worth the risk. '

I've tried a few suggestions, but every time, even when I feel I've done a good job, I get shot down. So I simply stopped suggesting. I'm done.

i like unvalued hats more (saying i got them cheap) as they aren't limited to backpack prices. i didn't see many new effects rise after they got valued

edit: also i like helloween effects and hats that are rare on OP. most thing i'm afraid of are random price downs for my unusual,cuz a kid (yeah i said kid,can be a grow up too) just unboxed and sold his hat for cheap/made a sily deal

I've tried a few suggestions, but every time, even when I feel I've done a good job, I get shot down. So I simply stopped suggesting. I'm done.

I'm sure the reason as to why it was closed was clearly listed :3 

i like unvalued hats more (saying i got them cheap) as they aren't limited to backpack prices. i didn't see many new effects rise after they got valued

Effects (with the exception of discontinued effects--halloween/gen1) don't generally rise. For the most part they decrease. So, if theres no price its not that the hat is increasing; but rather, someone probably paid too much for it. The reason priced unusuals usually don't go up is because a price has already been established (i.e. sales have occurred and therefore people can figure out its worth). 

EXACTLY.  I hate traders who complain so much when the solution is for them to share their sales and make a suggestion.  If every sale transaction got recognized the prices would be far more accurate and fluid. 

A mod will help you or add one of the more common Unusual pricers you see on the voting section and ask them for help or maybe they will do it for you.

Effects (with the exception of discontinued effects--halloween/gen1) don't generally rise. For the most part they decrease. So, if theres no price its not that the hat is increasing; but rather, someone probably paid too much for it. The reason priced unusuals usually don't go up is because a price has already been established (i.e. sales have occurred and therefore people can figure out its worth). 

exactly - that's why you need to get it when it's unpriced and higball to death 

Can one of you guys care to give me an estimated price on a single owner (i unboxed) Aces High Soviet Gentleman painted Team Spirit? There's 4 out there, I know 1 has sold, but don't know for how much is sold for. I know SG is in the GOD tier of heavy hats, but can't find anything about the Aces High effect. I've had it on outpost for about 4 buds just to see what's offered, but nothing has really been offered. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Edit. I have put it on PriceCheck, but nobody has answered in months of bumping.

Can one of you guys care to give me an estimated price on a single owner (i unboxed) Aces High Soviet Gentleman painted Team Spirit? There's 4 out there, I know 1 has sold, but don't know for how much is sold for. I know SG is in the GOD tier of heavy hats, but can't find anything about the Aces High effect. I've had it on outpost for about 4 buds just to see what's offered, but nothing has really been offered. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Edit. I have put it on PriceCheck, but nobody has answered in months of bumping.

Lol the soviet gentleman is not in any way god tier

Aces high is pretty shit

I'd say 1-1.5 buds

your b/o of 4 buds is ridiculous

There are also 7 aces soviets around and 3 currently on op. One of which has a buyout if 45 keys, and he looks to have paid a stormy tree.

There are also 7 aces soviets around and 3 currently on op. One of which has a buyout if 45 keys, and he looks to have paid a stormy tree.

Thanks. Yeah, the number of exists keeps changing. Took me a sec, but I think I figured out how you say dude got it for a tree. I appreciate the helpful response, rather than the name calling cussing one above you.

Guess thats why new effects are also often under value'd

Yeah, that's why I asked for your guys help. My only other unbox was knifestorm. At the time, I was getting the same responses as pudding's. Knifestorm slowly moved up after I sold the hat.

Yeah, that's why I asked for your guys help. My only other unbox was knifestorm. At the time, I was getting the same responses as pudding's. Knifestorm slowly moved up after I sold the hat.

Well, Aces won't move up; he's not wrong. 

Well, Aces won't move up; he's not wrong. 

Aces high is only nice if hat also matches.

Handy man handle aces high is mis match, this does't just happen with aces high their more examples of hat and effect combo's that don't really match well.

Thanks. Yeah, the number of exists keeps changing. Took me a sec, but I think I figured out how you say dude got it for a tree. I appreciate the helpful response, rather than the name calling cussing one above you.

I think that was about me. Sorry I was genuinely trying to help you but I'm not really good at subtility and stuff like that. And I never name called you right? I just voiced my opinion about dead presidents. I apologise if I offended you, never the intention

I trade a decent amount in unpriced or out-of-date hats and I'd say that if you know how to evaluate what they are currently worth on the market they can be very profitable but a decent number of people avoid any risk.

Unusual prices are often very fickle. I don't believe in organized price lists, BUT, since we are going to have them anyway, I don't think unusual hats should even be included. Other than a handful of hats and effects that nobody really cares for, the level of interest in an unusual hat is highly subjective from person to person. You would think that people would put more time and effort into pricing their unusual hat instead of looking it up on a pricelist, it being an UNUSUALLY RARE HAT.

Those are my thoughts on the matter.

Unusual prices are often very fickle. I don't believe in organized price lists, BUT, since we are going to have them anyway, I don't think unusual hats should even be included. Other than a handful of hats and effects that nobody really cares for, the level of interest in an unusual hat is highly subjective from person to person. You would think that people would put more time and effort into pricing their unusual hat instead of looking it up on a pricelist, it being an UNUSUALLY RARE HAT.

Those are my thoughts on the matter.

Yes and no. Most hats tend to sell for the same amount +/- a bit, but most unusuals tend to sell for similar amounts. BUT, the big problem that bptf has caused is that people are less concerned with getting the hat they want and more concerned with the pennies of the trade. In the past people had no issues overpay if they were offering something you didn't really want, and they wanted what you had; however times have changed and getting people to overpay when offering in crap has gotten substantially harder. 

Yes and no. Most hats tend to sell for the same amount +/- a bit, but most unusuals tend to sell for similar amounts. BUT, the big problem that bptf has caused is that people are less concerned with getting the hat they want and more concerned with the pennies of the trade. In the past people had no issues overpay if they were offering something you didn't really want, and they wanted what you had; however times have changed and getting people to overpay when offering in crap has gotten substantially harder. 

I fully agree with you. I'm not into hat trading, but I figured someone who plays heavy would like the hat and would want to buy it. Sadly, it's become of dog eat dog world when in comes to unusuals. There are some of us out there, who are not trying to make a profit, but rather just get whats a decent value. But the elitest hat traders decide whats a good hat/bad hat...good effect/bad effect..and has taken out any honest consideration from the hat.

I fully agree with you. I'm not into hat trading, but I figured someone who plays heavy would like the hat and would want to buy it. Sadly, it's become of dog eat dog world when in comes to unusuals. There are some of us out there, who are not trying to make a profit, but rather just get whats a decent value. But the elitest hat traders decide whats a good hat/bad hat...good effect/bad effect..and has taken out any honest consideration from the hat.

honestly, its not the traders who want a profit thats a problem. They've always been around, and the amount of that (%) really hasn't changed all that much. What is changed is people who want to buy a hat because they really want it will only buy it if its worth more or exactly the same (not one penny less) than what they're offering. 

Archived