Tf2Outpost Removal?

Princess Luna

• Administrators

I'd like to once again state that nobody who is complaining here, on backpack.tf, which is an entirely different website, has actually made any support tickets on outpost.

2 hours ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

I'd like to once again state that nobody who is complaining here, on backpack.tf, which is an entirely different website, has actually made any support tickets on outpost.

I find it sad how hard you're trying to avoid the accusations and problems by replying with vague and irrelevant statements like this. Could you maybe reply to the accusations for once? Because, going by statistics alone, I'm sure at least a few dozen people that use TF2 outpost have already submitted tickets about this issue.

That being said, TF2 outpost doesn't have an active forum to discuss this issue, which is why people are doing it here.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Kostek said:

I find it sad how hard you're trying to avoid the accusations and problems by replying with vague and irrelevant statements like this. Could you maybe reply to the accusations for once? Because, going by statistics alone, I'm sure at least a few dozen people that use TF2 outpost have already submitted tickets about this issue.

That being said, TF2 outpost doesn't have an active forum to discuss this issue, which is why people are doing it here.

What would you like me to do? I am not an outpost dev, and admins have tried to recreate the issue and failed. If there's an actual issue and people want it fixed, they need to make support tickets on outpost with proof that we can assign to the devs, not post about it on a completely unrelated website. And outpost does have discussion forums, they're located on the steam group page.

I pointed this thread out to the outpost staff, I don't really know what else I can do to help here. They work on tickets, and nobody is making any. 

Got this as a reply to my outpost ticket...

On 8/8/2017 at 4:42 PM, sirploko said:

This is not an ad from our ad-partners. This is apparently a browser injection from your ISP: http://ottawacitizen.com/business/local-business/bell-hijacked-my-web-browser-with-ads

No, no it isn't, I don't know how anyone could possibly believe this ad is actually something from "Bell", the continuous effort to lay the blame at someone else's feet and not accept responsibility is astounding.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

-Snip-

I don't know, maybe because I support the point of this thread? The topic of this thread is "Tf2outpost Removal" from backpack.tf. I support that. You and sirploko challenged that and we posted evidence against outpost. I don't really give a damn if they fix their website because I get so few trades from it, but I do care if this website is changed.

High quality sticky ads that don't let you scroll properly.

https://adclick.g.doubleclick.net/pcs/click?xai=AKAOjst1ka67vAGHrzgCOua35hCkhPp9FYvo7641W-zvrJWFIxymQyJlD5bEPP1lFUb2uttkP8MyPZ9pxadzxuF0EuxaMkTG4-clN1IfiT3cPs4AbbmVbAFJyGwjbnQ&sig=Cg0ArKJSzPR49FmC162HEAE&urlfix=1&adurl=https://t.mookie1.com/t/v1/clk%3FmigAgencyId%3D1157%26migSource%3Dadsrv2%26migRandom%3D1255125094%26migTrackDataExt%3D6610387%3B202850391%3B402728878%3B91666920%26migTrackFmtExt%3Dclient%3Bio%3Bad%3Bcrtv%26migUnencodedDest%3Dhttp://www.darefoods.com/ca_en/brand/realfruit-biscuits/45

• Like 2

Yes, I have Premium on Outpost which I have been clicking through for the last hour and I show zero ads blocked. So, not sure what other people with premium are talking about but mine is clean.

Just a point of info, which you can do with whatever you wish....but I run Adblock Plus on Mozilla. And this page has blocked 9 items on this page alone. So.....  there's that.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Axle Change said:

I don't know, maybe because I support the point of this thread? The topic of this thread is "Tf2outpost Removal" from backpack.tf. I support that. You and sirploko challenged that and we posted evidence against outpost. I don't really give a damn if they fix their website because I get so few trades from it, but I do care if this website is changed.

Well let me change my admin hats and reply on behalf of backpack.tf - we link to numerous different user accounts on various sites, it doesn't indicate any partnership, it's simply to enable users to more easily find trades and background check other traders. As a member of staff on this site, being able to quickly check the ban status and history of a user is tremendously helpful, and I would not want that removed. I'd be fine with it being a mod-only feature if people really wanted links to outpost gone, but I don't really see what purpose that serves. If there's a problem with outpost, report it to outpost and if it's genuine and regularly reported I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be handled. Do you think they intentionally want to display malicious ads? Why would they do that?

• Like 2