Add: Caution Rep Rating

Mister WorldCast

Greetings Everyone i have an idea that it could be useful. Its called Caution Rep. Now when you leave a rating for a user on backpack.tf you can either do a positive or negative. But i fell like there should be a caution rating which is both positive or negative. Now i know that already exist if the user received a mixed rating they get a caution tag on the trust link but i think a direct caution rep rating can be a good idea. Now heres an example:

A user ran from a crab that you both agreed on but the user has a lot of -rep from running crabs but lets you you are willing to take the risk and wager anyways. You won the crab but then he ran now you are about to leave a negative but later he comes back and pays up. Now you wouldn't want to leave a +rep for the user but he had the nerve to run but not a -rep because he did pay back. A caution rep rating can warn other users about this partial user. Now it that example is just an idea on how it can be used but thats all i have to say.

If you think this is a good idea or not and have your own suggestion id be glad to read your comments below on what you think about this idea, really. Anyways i'm world and this is an idea.

If he pays back just don't leave anything. Its neutral. 

Negative trust rating in it of themselves are to leave a caution to other users about what deeds they might try to pull on you.

If they did nothing wrong and they did nothing something that gains trust I feel there is no reason leave a rating.

Hmm good point. But what if i want to leave a caution for other users to be aware of this user when doing wagers etc with him.

to me i'd still put it the negative rep but i would put it in a different way like this

this user agreed to crab but ran away.after getting an admin that he will be banned,he paid me so that he wont get banned.i advice people to be wary when doing crabs and will need a middleman when doiing big crabs

I think a caution rep would have to have looser standards than a negative rep, or there would be no point in having a caution rep at all (if there were no difference between the two as far as evidence requirements went)

So it would either be pointless, or give room for people to leave retaliatory ratings that might just fly. 

I would kinda disagree with the proposition. It just seems unnecessary. If a user has a -trust you check it out. You should read what it is about then make your own picture if you should trust them  or not.

Of course if there are multiple -trusts especially very recent ones you should probably stay away.

We even have cases like you mentioned covered already, some mods leave -trusts on users to warn others, explaining what that user did to deserve a -trust. Those -trusts can be appealed just like bans.

Also if a user did something like ranning from a spycrab, please report them directly with evidence so that they will receive a ban.

Alright well thanks for your opinion on this topic guys. I guess it is a bad idea and you guys are all right. Well on to the next idea.