"I don't follow bp.tf"

jacustjack

Everybody says this on outpost. They say it favors the rich or whatever bullshit like that. So why do they? It prices unusuals accurately. Obviously, there are still some prices that are outdated and really need a bump like Noh Mercies, but those are just a few. So why do they? I thought of 3 reasons, in order of likeliness

1. They want to make profit (Very Likely)

2. The current price is old and no sales have been apparent to raise it (Possible)

3. bp.tf really is some kind of con to favor rich people (Extremely unlikely

backpack.tf is a guide, and prices are not static. Enough people pay more and price goes up, people sell for less and price goes down. In between there are some noisy people that don't understand what's going on, but point the finger at the largest entity in the whole occurrence which is backpack.tf

Nothing new here.

Everybody says this on outpost. They say it favors the rich or whatever bullshit like that. So why do they? It prices unusuals accurately. Obviously, there are still some prices that are outdated and really need a bump like Noh Mercies, but those are just a few. So why do they? I thought of 3 reasons, in order of likeliness

1. They want to make profit (Very Likely)

2. The current price is old and no sales have been apparent to raise it (Possible)

3. bp.tf really is some kind of con to favor rich people (Extremely unlikely

Most people who hate on backpack.tf are either:

1. absolutely broke and cry about key prices (and blame it on backpack.tf)--but rather then accepting the fact, moving on, and profiting; they cry. 
  2. They want to highball the shit out of their hat; and the backpack.tf price is an extremely lowball price which is preventing them from doing that (even though there were multiple sales at the set price).

People don't follow bp.tfbp.tf follows them. It affects all their chances of profit or loss.

But for unusuals relying 100% on bp price means they are just asking to be taken advantage of. Ive seen "unusual traders" with too much access to their parents money over pay by 5-6 buds and then blame bp.tf when it would have taken them 2 mins to find another trader selling for like half the price...

Bp.tf is a guide you also need to do your own research cant expect a handful of suggesters to keep a few thousand hats constantly up to date :l

But for unusuals relying 100% on bp price means they are just asking to be taken advantage of. Ive seen "unusual traders" with too much access to their parents money over pay by 5-6 buds and then blame bp.tf when it would have taken them 2 mins to find another trader selling for like half the price...

Bp.tf is a guide you also need to do your own research cant expect a handful of suggesters to keep a few thousand hats constantly up to date :l

Not my point. bp.tf controls the unusual price whether people like it or not.

i dont follow backpack.tf unusual prices because they arent accurate unless they were made that week is the way i look at it. I go by what people want and offers and what it has sold for but most importantly offers. Example with new hats/effects they drop all the time and fast and are unboxed more and more. When people price unusuals they go off of offers/what they want/ most importantly what they sold for, but it is much safer and up to date if you do it yourself.

i dont follow backpack.tf unusual prices because they arent accurate unless they were made that week is the way i look at it. I go by what people want and offers and what it has sold for but most importantly offers. Example with new hats/effects they drop all the time and fast and are unboxed more and more. When people price unusuals they go off of offers/what they want/ most importantly what they sold for, but it is much safer and up to date if you do it yourself.

while you do that it'd be halpful if you priced it on bp.tf while pricing for yourself so prices can be more accurate?

What I do when I get an unusual offer

1. Check the price on backpack.tf

2. Check if the offer is clean, not duped, nice history ...

3. Check the B/Os on tf2outpost and bazaar.tf

and of course if I like the offer. This should be a perfect fit to avoid bad unusuals :>

Nobody should "follow" backpack.tf.  That word implies acceptance on blind faith.  It's missing the point.  Then again, there are so many little head games people play in unusual trading; I have no doubt that 99% of the time people say that, it's just a way to tip the scales more towards their favor.

Archived