a change in key prices?

animallover

I would like to know if there is any hope key prices would drop anytime soon, because right now

the key prices are mad and has been so for quite a significant amount of time.

The only way key prices will change is if the tf2 team creates an alternate use for ref. besides crafting. 

23 minutes ago, Points of Authority said:

just accept for what it is and move on, be glad it isnt 60 ref for 1 key

Give it a year or 2

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Points of Authority said:

just accept for what it is and move on, be glad it isnt 60 ref for 1 key

ill come back to this thread in july 16th 2019  

• Like 2

Just now, animallover said:

I would like to know if there is any hope key prices would drop anytime soon, because right now

the key prices are mad and has been so for quite a significant amount of time.

They aren't mad, they're really really good.

Now instead of a hat or two with one key, you can outfit your entire class roster.

You can buy endless amounts of weapons.

You can do a LOT!

The only people complaining are the ones who are doing scrap2unusual, weapon banking, trading primarily in ref, etc. It's stupid.

This rise is a GOOD thing.

Hello there! i want to start this off by saying that this is My opinion and others might disagree (which is totally fine) so i was about to start the exact same topic before I found yours, And as a new trader i would like to say that I totally agree and find the key prices Quite mad As you Said, like 30 ref For 1 key? that  is mad and starting off and trying to get a key has been hard, very hard and still I Am working towards getting My first key to this day, so yes i do completely agree and wish That key prices would drop but it has a very slight chance of actually doing so, So i wish you the best of luck and have a good Day :)

-Fire_Machete

• Confused 3

As stated many, many, many times before, there is nothing wrong with key prices. They have stayed where they are in monetary value since their creation. Where the problem is is that refined is completely worthless in-game as there is little to no incentive to use it, letting more and more of it accumulate, further devaluing it.

1 hour ago, Fire_machete said:

-snip-

Why the hell are you capitalizing every single word?

10 hours ago, Tomicide said:

They aren't mad, they're really really good.

Now instead of a hat or two with one key, you can outfit your entire class roster.

You can buy endless amounts of weapons.

You can do a LOT!

The only people complaining are the ones who are doing scrap2unusual, weapon banking, trading primarily in ref, etc. It's stupid.

This rise is a GOOD thing.

The rise definitely isn't indicative of 'good things'.  The one thing you mentioned - being able to buy sets for all classes with 1 key - might be good if you're just starting out, but it pretty much ends there.  

The rise of keys is indicative of massive inflation of items in the TF2 economy.  There are too many items and there is no way to reduce them.  Not a good thing.

And the rise for keys isn't only due to item inflation, it's also due to the fact that keys are the safest thing to invest in.  Go check the recent price updates.  There are many more changes down, than up, that's especially true for unusuals.  If you have all your bp value in keys, you're not losing value.  If you have your backpack values in items, you're losing value.  This further drives up the price of keys.  Not a good thing.

It all comes down to the same thing:  there are way too many items - from unique weapons to unusuals - in the TF2 economy and keys are pretty much the only safe thing to invest in.  Those aren't exactly signs of a booming economy.  

• Love 2

3 hours ago, Scott Bakula said:

As stated many, many, many times before, there is nothing wrong with key prices. They have stayed where they are in monetary value since their creation. Where the problem is is that refined is completely worthless in-game as there is little to no incentive to use it, letting more and more of it accumulate, further devaluing it.

Why the hell are you capitalizing every single word?

why the hell are you picking on something that no one cares about?

4 hours ago, Fire_machete said:

why the hell are you picking on something that no one cares about?

I care about it. Don't do it, it is too irritating to read. I stopped reading after the first line.

27 minutes ago, Tobbby92 said:

I care about it. Don't do it, it is too irritating to read. I stopped reading after the first line.

fine sorry 

33 minutes ago, Tobbby92 said:

i changed it alright?

20 minutes ago, Tobbby92 said:

Yes, thank you.

i guess it was my fault in the first place, it does look pretty autistic tbh 

42 minutes ago, MrDeepDarkmind said:

I would like 60 refine for one key 

Yes please. So many trading exploits if that happens.