spycrab gambling?

animallover

Is it profitable?

Its gambling.

How does it work?

First 2 players agree on what they want to gamble, or if they just want to do it for fun.

Second they give items they want to gamble to a rep able person.  They can skip this step if they trust each other not to run.

Then the 2 players stand in a spycrab room, (if your on a server with the plug in) and taunt with their Disguise Kit out over and over.  First person to do the spycrab taunt 3 times loses. 

SOMETIMES the 2 players can agree on making the winner the person who spycrabs 3 times first, but this is only sometimes.  Most people imo just stick to 3 times spycrab = lose.

The 2 players in the game can also change up the rules, like instead of up to 3 spycrabs, up to 5.

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Spy_taunts#Disguise_Kit

5 minutes ago, Wokath said:

Is it profitable?

Its gambling.

How does it work?

First 2 players agree on what they want to gamble, or if they just want to do it for fun.

Second they give items they want to gamble to a rep able person.  They can skip this step if they trust each other not to run.

Then the 2 players stand in a spycrab room, (if your on a server with the plug in) and taunt with their Disguise Kit out over and over.  First person to do the spycrab taunt 3 times loses. 

SOMETIMES the 2 players can agree on making the winner the person who spycrabs 3 times first, but this is only sometimes.  Most people imo just stick to 3 times spycrab = lose.

The 2 players in the game can also change up the rules, like instead of up to 3 spycrabs, up to 5.

since the first to 3 loses woudnt the spies just wait till the next person taunts? Then they taunt after him

6 minutes ago, Wokath said:

Is it profitable?

Its gambling.

How does it work?

oh wait i see, so it's random luck?

It is random luck. Yes you can profit from it but as easy as it is to win, it is to lose. Normally I would only spy crab a ref or 2 because that isn't anything. Just for fun mainly.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, animallover said:

since the first to 3 loses woudnt the spies just wait till the next person taunts? Then they taunt after him

They taunt at the same time.  Over and over.  Till somone loses.  Theoretically, this could last for a long time, if no one loses, which can cause intense rounds?

Spycrabbing can br very fun.  Ive tryed, and imo, getting adrenaline rushes off of a few scraps is pretty fun.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, animallover said:

oh wait i see, so it's random luck?

The best way to do a spycrab is on a server that has a spycrab plugin which automatically blows up the loser, and counts each taunt without human error.

3 hours ago, Moose said:

It is random luck. Yes you can profit from it but as easy as it is to win, it is to lose. Normally I would only spy crab a ref or 2 because that isn't anything. Just for fun mainly.

i won a 26 key unusual once, but ive also lost 10+ keys

i've done alot of spycrabs and have gotten trusts for paying up.usually you give yur items to a trusted middleman if the items is worth alot like 1 key

1 hour ago, Happysedits said:

When i think about it, it should be illegal because of recent gambling steam tos on sites 1

Technically it's not banned at all as per the ToS, there's nothing regarding gambling specifically.

tbh the only reason valve started going after them was because it was brought up that minors were gambling too

2 hours ago, Happysedits said:

When i think about it, it should be illegal because of recent gambling steam tos on sites 1

spycrab gamble and website gamble are 2 different things.1 is with steam and 1 is without with steam.i once spycrabbed 1 key and the gambler ran away.i reported on bp.tf and even steam.steam accepted my report as it contained all the proofs and gave him a trade ban but i think it was a temporary ban.gambling websites wont take actions

Gambling is often bad for you. 

Most people cross their limits and lose more than they are willing to.

But again it is your choice.

• Like 1