Marketplace.tf Priced items: Can it be used as proof for suggestions?

andrew

A recent suggestion came up on a Harvest Moon Stash I used to own, saying that my pricing on Marketplace.tf was valid suggestion proof for a repricing.

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/5958a100cf6c757cb8689d92

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/595f74f2cf6c75312f3a5d63

You can read the full discussion enclosed in the comments.

I've been away from price suggesting for awhile, so my question is can prices on Marketplace.tf be used as B/O's in price suggestions.

If they're extremely old they can be used as proof for a B/O drop yes. But they're held to much higher standards than regular B/Os.

In this particular instance I think both the cash B/O wasn't open long enough to apply, and that an item sale shouldn't be capped at a cash buyout.

10 minutes ago, Gent♥ said:

If they're extremely old they can be used as proof for a B/O drop yes. But they're held to much higher standards than regular B/Os.

In this particular instance I think both the cash B/O wasn't open long enough to apply, and that an item sale shouldn't be capped at a cash buyout.

And this has been confirmed by staff?

Just double checking, I discount a lot of my unusuals for cash on MP, but may reverse all my prices back to normal if it means they will be getting dropped in pricing.

4 minutes ago, andrew said:

And this has been confirmed by staff?

Just double checking, I discount a lot of my unusuals for cash on MP, but may reverse all my prices back to normal if it means they will be getting dropped in pricing.

They have to be up for a LONG time for a marketplace B/O drop to be valid. See here: https://backpack.tf/suggestion/5913b909e338774c2f7477c4

Plus if you can prove they've been recently reduced in price you have literally nothing to worry about in that regard.

Whether marketplace prices count as B/Os, there's no precedent for that; somehow it's never been an issue that came up. We've been discussing it on the discord but currently no price mods are online, but they'll need to make a decision. It's my PERSONAL belief that cash B/Os =/= pure B/Os, and I'm CONFIDENT that position will be echoed by the pricing staff, but it's not a certainty right now.

1 minute ago, Gent♥ said:

They have to be up for a LONG time for a marketplace B/O drop to be valid. See here: https://backpack.tf/suggestion/5913b909e338774c2f7477c4

Whether marketplace prices count as B/Os, there's no precedent for that; somehow it's never been an issue that came up. We've been discussing it on the discord but currently no price mods are online, but they'll need to make a decision. It's my PERSONAL belief that cash B/Os =/= pure B/Os, and I'm CONFIDENT that position will be echoed by the pricing staff, but it's not a certainty right now.

Thanks for the help and follow through with proof, puts my mind at ease. I think I will leave my unusuals discounted and even discount the rest as I was planning :D

Hopefully they will have some kind of official statement on it sooner than later, but until then I will keep my eyes out.

First of all I made a post regarding Cash Site sales in the unusual thread recently so I will start with linking to that, and I will Edit it to cover the questions here: 

Now to your questions:

Buyouts listed in keys (that includes the dual listing in the classifieds) will always take priority over cash buyouts. Key Buyouts usually should be up for at least a week, just a rule of thumb tho.

If there is no key buyout available and there is proof that someone was selling a hat on marketplace for a month at a certain price then I don't mind capping at that. Everything that takes longer than 1 month can hardly be considered a quicksale. I wanna stress tho that there needs to be a screenshot of the cash buyout and it needs to be clear that its 1 month at that price.

Thanks for responding Woif, always great to get an admins proof on these things.

While we're on the subject you brought up:

On 7/7/2017 at 9:54 PM, Woifilicious said:

I wanna stress tho that there needs to be a screenshot of the cash buyout and it needs to be clear that its 1 month at that price.

I wanted to ask about varying discounts in relation to time since I haven't seen a post on it yet. Generally I tag my items with discounts depending on the total cost to create incentive for higher priced items to be sold.

I.E.

100 and lower sell fine w/o discounts

100-200 key 10%~ off

200-500 key 15%~ off

ect.

I can understand that it gets a bit murky when dealing in discount ratio to total value since every unusual is unique, but with small amount off as shown could it be classified as a "QS" or unsuccessful sale within the month time period?

It's pretty heavy on unusuals that I may have, because in no way, in my experience, can you expect to clean a collection of unusuals in 1 month on Marketplace (w/o sales and normal sellers).

12 minutes ago, andrew said:

Thanks for responding Woif, always great to get an admins proof on these things.

While we're on the subject you brought up:

However, I wanted to ask about varying discounts in relation to time since I haven't seen a post on it yet. Generally I tag my items with discounts depending on the total cost to create incentive for higher priced to be sold.

I.E.

100 and lower sell fine w/o discounts

100-200 key 10%~ off

200-500 key 15%~ off

ect.

I can understand that it gets a bit murky when dealing in discount ratio to total value since every unusual is unique, but with small amount off as shown could it be classified as a "QS" or unsuccessful sale within the month time period?

It's pretty heavy on unusuals that I may have, because in no way, in my experience, can you expect to clean a collection of unusuals in 1 month on Marketplace (w/o sales and normal sellers).

Well same rules as for normal discounts too, if your discounts don't sell quickly then they are not quicksales. If there are not a couple higher sales to counter your discounts then they can be used usually. But as I said, there needs to be evidence of your listings and it should be up for like a month or so at least.

42 minutes ago, Woifilicious said:

Well same rules as for normal discounts too, if your discounts don't sell quickly then they are not quicksales. If there are not a couple higher sales to counter your discounts then they can be used usually. But as I said, there needs to be evidence of your listings and it should be up for like a month or so at least.

My main idea on this is that I am not 100% on a month time frame if it's only on marketplace. It'd be equivalent to someone asking for cash only on a trade and not unusuals/keys, meaning it's very specific and unlikely to be met in that period in my opinion. I would say 1-3 months depending on pricing.

Sorry if this is getting drawn out, but I've been selling on marketplace for a couple years now and just want to toss my two cents into the mix. It's a pretty new subject in the last few months, but I'm sure everything will clear with time.