traders and users please read this!! Thank you

animallover

Heads up: I'm fairly new to this suggestion, price change a event so I created this post to learn more about this

The suggestion event and backpack.tf unusual price suggestion is to keep the prices updated right? Whether the unusual's price drops or rise. But what I would like to know is that for instance 

A 20 key unusual has the price dropped to 17 keys

Because some were sold for 17 keys in unusuals etc.

Does that mean that if a seller was originally selling that unusual(before the change) for 17 keys(unsold), after the change he has to drop the selling price even further? Or do unusual seller's mostly sell their price at exactly market value?

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help me:)

Well, he has the choice to lower it, but if you pay 17 keys in unusual(s) for it and it lowers to 17, I don't think he'll lower it, maybe he'll just sell it for 17 keys and see what happens, he can always discount it to sell it faster.

Normally they keep their unusual at market value, but if they want, they can lower the price to make it easier to sell it.

57 minutes ago, TheProcave said:

Well, he has the choice to lower it, but if you pay 17 keys in unusual(s) for it and it lowers to 17, I don't think he'll lower it, maybe he'll just sell it for 17 keys and see what happens, he can always discount it to sell it faster.

Normally they keep their unusual at market value, but if they want, they can lower the price to make it easier to sell it.

So if a price of an unusual drops it's harder to sell for the same price before the price dropped?

Sellers can ask whatever price they want for their unusuals?
Just they're more likely to sell at or below "market price", because "market price" is just another way of saying "what that hat is worth".

39 minutes ago, Gent♥ said:

Sellers can ask whatever price they want for their unusuals?
Just they're more likely to sell at or below "market price", because "market price" is just another way of saying "what that hat is worth".

do sellers base their prices off backpack.tf or does backpack.tf values items off sales?

1 hour ago, animallover said:

do sellers base their prices off backpack.tf or does backpack.tf values items off sales?

Both actually. Like previous posts above, you can potentially sell for whatever you want to (Reasonable ones are considered, however) and whatever it sells for, suggests that the item has that x value and thus gets priced at that.

8 hours ago, animallover said:

So if a price of an unusual drops it's harder to sell for the same price before the price dropped?

If it was 20, and gets dropped to 17, you're not gonna sell it for 20, it's now worth 17 no matter how high people are selling it for

5 hours ago, AD⚡HD said:

If it was 20, and gets dropped to 17, you're not gonna sell it for 20, it's now worth 17 no matter how high people are selling it for

Unusual get raises all the time. I've sold quite a couple unusuals above bp tf price. 

8 minutes ago, ksolis01 said:

Unusual get raises all the time. I've sold quite a couple unusuals above bp tf price. 

Not if it has just been dropped 

22 minutes ago, AD⚡HD said:

Not if it has just been dropped 

Doesn't matter. I sold my cloud 9 festiviser for close to its original value after it was dropped 10 keys. You just need patience and better knowledge of what sells good. :csdsmile:

2 hours ago, ksolis01 said:

Doesn't matter. I sold my cloud 9 festiviser for close to its original value after it was dropped 10 keys. You just need patience and better knowledge of what sells good. :csdsmile:

i think that there are many factors affecting unusual selling, one it that there will always be that 1 guy who sells cheaper than you, and thus people buy from him instead. Two is 

it takes forever to sell something even at market value. With this in mind, I would like to ask how you are able to sell above market value

Sellers sell for lower and higher all the time, not just higher, 2 days ago our team made suggestion 53 keys to 90 keys.

17 hours ago, animallover said:

i think that there are many factors affecting unusual selling, one it that there will always be that 1 guy who sells cheaper than you, and thus people buy from him instead. Two is 

it takes forever to sell something even at market value. With this in mind, I would like to ask how you are able to sell above market value

I focus on unusuals that are usually in collectors hands so no competition and look good. Disco beat down and energies are pretty easy to do it with as long as most of the ones out there are with people who don't trade.