Halloween spells on items.

ppapa2000

Greetings everyone,

Can somebody enlighten me regarding Halloween spells applied on certain cosmetics/hats/weapons? From what I have seen they add some value, but I don't really know how much. 

Any clarifications would be appreciated.

Thanks!

really depends on the item/spell and who you find to buy it.  do you have something specific you're looking at/trying to sell?

Not really, but I've been looking through some auctions on scrap.tf and a lot of people there seem to overvalue spells

I have a spectral spectrum boo balloon that im selling at 8 keys, if your interested let me know. It depends on spell how they are valued

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 11:11 AM, ppapa2000 said:

Not really, but I've been looking through some auctions on scrap.tf and a lot of people there seem to overvalue spells

a lot of people do, you're right.  the guy right above me selling a boo balloon with spectrum for 8keys is definitely doing that.  personally, I'd say the spectrum adds several ref at best on the balloon

XD spectrum adds a few ref lemme buy them all plzzzzzzz

some of  my spell sells as I collect and sell

my broker sales all items are spelled

and many more, if you wanna talk spelled them talk to me

So just out of curiosity I've got a few items I forgot I had spells on along with some that I bought without knowing they had spells. How much would the following add to each?

Voices from Below Hornblower

Voices from Below Hazmattenhatten

Pumpkin Bombs Jag

Exorcism Black Box

Strange Pumpkin Bombs Beggar's Bazooka

Putrescent Pigmentation Bruiser's Bandanna 

Sinister Staining Gray Banns

I completely forgot I applied spells to them since it was a long time ago, and I was just wondering how much value, if any, would be added to each. 

People definitely overvalue spells, I admittedly am probably one of them, however I feel like my prices aren't as crazy as many of the other sellers on classifieds. I currently own nearly 100 spells, and have traded tons of them.

Spells are a very niche market, and can sell with high variabilities in price. What I usually tell people is if they want to sell them fast add a few ref to a key. If you think you're patient enough add a few keys.

Double spelled cosmetics are of course usually worth more. But usually the most expensive is color changing + footprints.

Single spelled voice items, I usually charge no more than a key for the item (unless its worth more than a key to begin with of course).

Other things to consider when pricing cosmetics: is it a misc? is it all class? is it a good paint area?

Spelled weapons are much more common than the prices people charge. Weapons with just exorcism, I usually only add a few ref. If an item has pumpkin bombs or spectral fire, you could probably add a key and still sell it fairly fast. Double spelled weapons you can probably add 1.5+ keys and sell it quickly.

Weapons/cosmetics that are usually considered more "rare" with spells are the STRANGE awp, festive weapons, skins, and anything else that came out gun mettle or later.

Edit: on unusuals, spells usually add almost no value. (unless its a skin)

Okay thank you, and when you say colour changing is the most expensive, what do you estimate their prices to be anyway?

Btw what spells are colour changing again, it's been quite a while for me lol