What do you collect? Share!

HarryG

Hey guys! I figured this goes under the 'shared interests' section of general discussion and I searched for a similar thread and couldn't find one. So here it is, the "what do you collect" thread. Sharing pictures of your collection is encouraged! In real life, I collect multiple things. I collect memorabilia baseballs and golfballs from all the places I visit, Star Wars reference books (the big ones filled with all the nerdy facts), and recently, Funko Pops. I also have a bunch of other assorted stuff that doesn't really fit a category, I guess. Please share what you collect and post updates!

fb0f61dd8488b3709e2976e5c8ff59a0.png

the 15 funko pops I bought today at Target/Gamestop to kickstart my collection. 

384ec387a468ff1282f845daac423a40.png

Baseballs

84631e1aa6f41ea0314427e7acd8b3ae.png

Golf balls are harder to tell so sprinkled in there are: a Vegas golf club, National Football Hall of Fame, San Diego Zoo, Disney World 2012, M&M Factory or whatever it is in New York, Caesar's Palace x2, Hawaii, Yankee Stadium, Fenway Park, my local golf club (signed by two of the hottest chicks I've ever met), University of Illinois Urbana Champaign, and National Baseball Hall of Fame.

• Like 3

I collect vinyl records from the 1970s-2000s, I'm up to 37 records with an average value of around $950. I also collect rare books pre-1950 and my prized possessions are a 4 volume set of Napoleon's memoirs from 1890. 

If you're interested in baseballs, I have a few for sale on Ebay, a 2003 All-Star Game baseball unopened as well as a 2005 Chicago White Sox World Series ball signed by Neal Cotts, and a baseball signed by Ron Santo and Mark Grace. 

• Like 3

I collect vinyl records from the 1970s-2000s, I'm up to 37 records with an average value of around $950. I also collect rare books pre-1950 and my prized possessions are a 4 volume set of Napoleon's memoirs from 1890. 

That's really cool! I also love the baseballs but unfortunately am not in the market at the moment.

Dice. Mostly plastic, I'm looking for a metal pair I could actually enjoy.

I probably have over a two dozen sets now since I have like 15 from my most recent trip.

I have a collection of rocks from every place I travel to.

I have rocks from Hawaii, Vancouver, Los Angeles, and three provinces in China that I can't pronounce, and a lot more.

I would have taken a picture of it but earlier my mates found my collection and threw them out for space. I'm not really angry cause I didn't really care for much of it. It was just a small thing I liked doing.

• Like 2

Books, have an old copy of the quran  and a few old copies of sherlock holmes and some older books, as well as a ton of new books. Have a 1000 book collection at the moment in my library in my basement (entire family collects them). Usually I just scope around garage sales and forclosure sales that sell tons of em for super cheap.

I collect tons of stuff. Here is my full set of 20th anniversary pokemon plushies (behind them are a ton of amiibos, not visible). Also you can see some of my pink beanie babies and other plushies. It's not my full collection of plushies, not even close but it's a nice photo of my book shelf. If you look hard enough you can see some of my math textbooks, my signed copies of Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series and some other signed books, as well.2O86Lga.jpg

Here are some photos of the 2000+ unique PEZ dispensers I own. My collection's actually been featured in magazines. I've been collecting for over 20 years now.  Storing them neatly has become difficult so they are in boxes, currently. I have another closet full of boxes. Look hard enough and you cna see more of my amiibos. and Pokemon toys in these photos too!

tmCsgKo.jpgUchs4fD.jpg

I also collect Disney stuff. Anyone who knows me knows that I am absolutely obsessed with Disney. Here's my HUGE stuffed Maleficent Plush. It's approximately 3 feet tall

8eFOIgI.jpg

I have tons of other stuff I collect too. Too lazy to give a full tour of my room, though. If people are interested I might get more photos of my autographed sports memorabilia, my rare comic books, my bobble heads, more of my gaming collection, whatever really. But this is what i'm willing to give y'all today.

Own a few of the 20th pokemon plushies and other paraphernalia, as well as many gameboys (GBA / GBC - mostly pokemon LEs). Also have a few Pops figures- best being the Bruce Lee signed by Shannon Lee, as well as my many 3DS' (LEs), Disney pins (LEs - mostly Wreck it Ralph / Nightmare Before Christmas) and other random stuff.

no pictures 'cause i am scrub

Key:

GBA - GameBoy Advance

GBC - GameBoy Colour

LE - Limited Edition 

I collect ramen noodle chicken spice packets, I put it 'em all in a jar, looks really neat!

cjiyW3y.jpg

I also love to collect scrap/junk from computers, I dunno what most of the stuff does, but it looks pretty cool!

I collect tons of stuff. Here is my full set of 20th anniversary pokemon plushies (behind them are a ton of amiibos, not visible). Also you can see some of my pink beanie babies and other plushies. It's not my full collection of plushies, not even close but it's a nice photo of my book shelf. If you look hard enough you can see some of my math textbooks, my signed copies of Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series and some other signed books, as well.2O86Lga.jpg

Here are some photos of the 2000+ unique PEZ dispensers I own. My collection's actually been featured in magazines. I've been collecting for over 20 years now.  Storing them neatly has become difficult so they are in boxes, currently. I have another closet full of boxes. Look hard enough and you cna see more of my amiibos. and Pokemon toys in these photos too!

tmCsgKo.jpgUchs4fD.jpg

I also collect Disney stuff. Anyone who knows me knows that I am absolutely obsessed with Disney. Here's my HUGE stuffed Maleficent Plush. It's approximately 3 feet tall

8eFOIgI.jpg

I have tons of other stuff I collect too. Too lazy to give a full tour of my room, though. If people are interested I might get more photos of my autographed sports memorabilia, my rare comic books, my bobble heads, more of my gaming collection, whatever really. But this is what i'm willing to give y'all today.

Awesome pictures! I'd love to see some more stuff, particularly the gaming/comic books.

It's kind of lame, but I collect cans. I have a bunch of them over my bed on my shelf, and I'm pissed that it takes up space I could be using to store more important things.

Awesome pictures! I'd love to see some more stuff, particularly the gaming/comic books.

I got batman 232, Hulk 180, 181, 182, Ghost Rider 1, Night Rider 1, Joker 1 and some other cool 1s. I have a lot of gaming stuff but maybe I'll just photo the 3ds stuff at some point. Here's a photo of my dragon quest collection (outdated by ~1.5 years, at this point, tbh) I had on my computer. The DW1 is sealed and the Dragon Warrior 3 and 4 are both gem mint, but opened. HGOXl7H.jpg

• Like 4

https://imgur.com/a/42HUr

Working on a Don't Starve collection for the plushes and figures. Whenever I start a collection, I always aim to get the rare/limited edition ones first since they only get harder to get the longer you wait. For instance, got this today:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Don-39-t-Starve-quot-Humble-Wilson-quot-Exclusive-Figure-/302349053263?txnId=1395832774020

• Like 2

eQ8jNEh.jpg

Medals, chokers, necklaces and bracelets.

I also collect the disappointment of not having more medals, chokers, necklaces and bracelets.

Soon.

• Like 3

I collect a lot of junk now that I think about it.

As of now, I have a lot of tech that I enjoy to take apart and rebuild. I currently have like 9 computers, 5 smartphones, and a ton of spare parts.

I also collect rare/vintage model cars, currently have ~14 if I recall correctly.

I also have a ton of expensive art supplies, dunno if that really counts as "collecting," though.

Oh, and Milkmans. :^)

Thanks for the preview of the Pop figures on Snapchat, haha.

• Like 2

tmCsgKo.jpgUchs4fD.jpg

8eFOIgI.jpg

Where did you get the signed Percy Jackson books? I loved that series so much that all of mine are worn out from reading them 30+ times. 

Glass bottles (coke,etc.), Retro video game consoles (have atari,coleco,etc.) and walkmans.

I actually got a walkman in my closet, definitely something I'd like to collect if I could find anymore, love that older tech.

Where did you get the signed Percy Jackson books? I loved that series so much that all of mine are worn out from reading them 30+ times. 

I have met Rick Riordan a few times. I have also had lunch with him, before. The coolest book of his I own  is a first print copy of The Titan's Curse which was printed upside down and reversed (the pages are opposite the binding). It is signed, as well. I haven't seen him since the Red Pyramid came out, though. I'm way behind. I didn't read any of the norse books yet (3 chapters into the first one), I have only finished 3.5 of the Heroes of Olympus books and haven't read anything from his Apollo Series.

• Like 3

I collect experiences to have anxiety about in the future

In the way of physical objects, I collect computers and other technology. I have about 30 computers, all taken apart and put together whenever someone needs one. I have around 10 monitors I don't use, 30 or so flip phones and other old phones, a palm pilot, shitty old laptops, and more.

• Like 2