Yanis Varoufakis' blog on the TF2 Economy

T.w²  Stefan

For those of you who don't know him, Yanis Varoufakis is a former employee of Valve assisting with the development of TF2's economy who went on to be the Greek Minister of Finance from January to July in 2015. I stumbled on his TF2 Blog a few days ago and it has some very interesting reads. I recommend it for anyone who is a fan of economics/econometrics within TF2.

http://blogs.valvesoftware.com/economics/

Alongside this, if you're interested in the current Greek Fiscal Crisis, I recommend checking out his primary blog which can be found on that page as well.

• Like 2

it's interesting that in his blog post during the summer of 2012 he states that no items in TF2 have become established currency, although I can remember that at the time buds, keys, and ref were all being used as currency

• Like 1

it's interesting that in his blog post during the summer of 2012 he states that no items in TF2 have become established currency, although I can remember that at the time buds, keys, and ref were all being used as currency

I think it's a question of what established means in context. So while those were used as currency, it's fair to say that there wasn't an established, central currency yet. I think it's safe to say that keys are an established currency now, but then buds, keys, ref, etc. were all competing with each other to be the dominant currency, which to me seems to be the author's intent.

I could be completely wrong though.